Spring Break as Told by the Cast of Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter Cornwall chapter.

As soon as you step off the train your mum gives you a massive hug…

Let’s face it, nothing beats a mum hug. It’s only been 3 months but it feels like a lifetime.

It’s been less than an hour since you got home and you’re already arguing with your sibling…

They might get on your last nerve at times, but you secretly love tormenting them.

It’s your first meal home and your parents have cooked you five different vegetables…

If you didn’t already know we’re students. We don’t eat greens. We only eat microwaveable meals, tinned goods, and takeaways.

It’s 8pm. You’re reunited with your best friends and the pre’s begin. 

Nobody will be able to replace your childhood friends. Oh wait, except alcohol, which you will demonstrate tonight. 

You’ve just finished getting ready and Ring of Fire is on the cards…

It’s been too long since you’ve hit your hometown with your best mates. Who knows who you’ll see out tonight. It’s almost too exciting. 

You’ve been in the club 10 minutes and already the creepers approach…

No matter what club you go you’ll always get hit on by some weird dude. 

Too many weirdo’s, not enough liquor…

The dancefloors a little empty so you spend the next hour queuing for a vodka mixer. Hopefully the place will be a bit livelier when you return.

One too many jagerbombs later…

Whoops, the liquid courage has sinked in. Time to pull your best party moves to impress the lads.

A few vodka shot later…

Your friends ask you if you’re okay and want to get some air. Nah mate, I’m feeling goooood. 

Hold up, your crush is across the room…

Oh god. You’ve seen him. He’s seen you. All your feelings have rushed back. No no no no no no. 

Before you know it it’s 3am and somehow you’ve managed to stumble home…

And the only way to truly relax after a great night out is a long hot bubble bath and a BIG glass of water.

Whoops! And the next thing you know Spring Break has ended and it’s time for exam season…

You’ve spent too much money, eaten too much chocolate, and are underprepared for your exams. But who cares, right? WE WERE ON A BREAK! You figure you can just cram in the two weeks leading up to exams. 

Hannah Harrison

Exeter Cornwall

Aspiring entertainment journalist who dreams of living and working in the USA. Currently studying English Literature at the University of Exeter, Cornwall Campus.