This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter Cornwall chapter.

Last weekend the sun came out, I had free time, and it was my birthday. I had all the excuses to explore a bit more of Cornwall!

The fact that I can’t drive meant I especially wanted to go somewhere that was easy to access and actually had things to do and see once I got there (or should I say things to eat once I got there). Thats why St Ives was the obvious choice for me! You can take the train from Penryn for just £5.30 return with a railcard, or around £8.00 without. The train platforms are super easy to navigate and the journey isnt too long, at 1 hour 30 minutes. St Ives is particularly great because it has just enough things for you to do in one day: there’s the Tate Gallery and Barbara Hepworth Museum, 5 (yes, 5!) beautiful beaches within walking distance of the town centre, and plenty of quirky independent shops and cafes. Plus, it’s absolutely beautiful!

I strongly recommend you take a visit to this picturesque little town at some point during your time in Cornwall. It’ll definitely be worth it!