The Latest Scoop: 10 Ice-Cream Flavours We Want To Try!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter Cornwall chapter.

We’re in the midst of winter and our current days are spent staring out of the bedroom window at the dreary and no doubt rainy abyss pouring down outside. Oh what we would do to be lounging poolside with a delicious sundae in hand…well what better way to banish the winter blues than by lamenting over some delicious flavours in preparation for the spring and summer months? Chocolatey, sweet, fruity, we love them all! To help you on your way here’s a luscious list of some mouth-watering and some slightly bizarre flavours to satisfy your sweet tooth. And just remember, ice-cream isn’t just for summer, so dig in to your nearest Ben and Jerry’s tub! We’re Collegiates after all, which means we can eat what we want, whenever we want!

1. Cotton Candy 

Nothing says summer than nights at the fairground! This is why Ben & Jerry’s exclusive ‘Cotton Candy’ flavour is the perfect way to rekindle our love for fun-filled nights spent on the Big Wheel! Not only does it taste delicious but it is also packed with pink and purple candy sprinkles. Yum yum!

2. All Natural

This has to be my personal favourite! A nice tub of fresh air is all we need to relight our love for sunny days at the park! Not exactly edible, but would no doubt would make a great April Fools Prank!

3. Heisen-Brr-G Crunch

No doubt many of us Collegiates have spent our free time in-between classes binge-watching Breaking Bad on Netflix. But guess what? You can now do so with a big bowl of Heisenberg’s finest product in hand! It’s full of 99.1 % pure blue rasperry pop rocks and is 100% delicious, so make it methylamine, I mean yours today! 

4. Scotchy Scotch Scotch

A must taste for fans of the Anchorman movies! Nothing says good ice-cream than an embedded film quote in the title which is why we’re dying to try this sweet sweet flavour! WE LOVE SCOTCH! SCOTCHY, SCOTCH SCOTCH.

5. Apple-y Ever After

This is definitely one for wedding! Forget the cake and champagne – we want to be tucking into this treat during the speeches! And not only does it sound delightful but it is also in support of a great cause! Ben and Jerry believe “social justice is at the core of our values”, which is why they relabled their apple pie flavour in support of gay marriage. Good thinking guys!  

6. Never Say Nougat 

Thankfully this one does not actually exist! Phew! We’re not really sure how we’d feel about this Justin Bieber flavoured ice-cream if it did. It might just have to be a One Time thing, but then again you should Never Say Never. We’re up for trying anything these days! (You might want to pick out the real locks of Bieber hair first though)

7. Piña Colada 

Every collegiate’s dream on a hot sunny day by the pool! However, it’s a shame we’re currently tucked up in bed with 10 blankets as our only source of warmth. A girl can dream can’t she? This mix of creamy coconut ice-cream blended with fruity chunks of pineapple = the perfect combination to cure our present winter blues!

8. Miami Slice 

Another one for the television addicts among us! We’ll consume Dexter’s darkly delicious concoction of Key Lime Pie, Blood Strawberry Swirls and Chocolate body parts in a heartbeat. It sounds serialously killer. Keep up the good work Dex!

9. Alvin and the Chocolate Chipmunks

Another flavour which sadly does not exist, but one we all wish did! It’s definitely one for the kids (or us collegiates who want to revist our childhood days!) Who doesn’t love those little chipmunks? And with the promise of “an annoying amount of Chocolate Chips” you’d be nutty to refuse! 

10. Schweddy Balls

It might be advisable to just avoid this one altogether…

Hannah Harrison

Exeter Cornwall

Aspiring entertainment journalist who dreams of living and working in the USA. Currently studying English Literature at the University of Exeter, Cornwall Campus.