Campus Celebrity: Kayleigh Hardy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter Cornwall chapter.

Its election time here at FXU, so our first Campus Celebrity for this week is Kayleigh Hardy who is running for President of Student Experience! Make sure you check out her manifesto and all those of people who are running for positions, and remember to vote!

What made you want to decide to run for President of Student Experience?

I wanted to run because I’ve been so heavily involved with FXU since I arrived at university that I want to give something back as well as get involved even further. I’ve been involved with CSM Netball, Oxfam, Tremough English Society, and Jazz Harbour, as well as being a student rep, Campaigns Executive Officer in my first year, and Societies Officer in my final year. Hopefully, being voted in as Student Experience President will allow me to continue some of the work I have done as Societies Officer.

Have you ever done anything like this before?

I have campaigned for a position before but never against 5 other amazing candidates who all deserve the position in different ways. There’s tough competition but I’m sure that whatever happens, the person who wins will be fantastic!

What do you think is going to be the most challenging aspect of this campaign?

Most challenging will definitely be the sheer number of candidates running for this position but I also have a resheduled seminar and a dissertation deadline next week so I need to do those things as well as campaigning! Getting the balance right is definitely the hardest part.

What are the main points of your manifesto?

My manifesto is pretty complicated so I broke it down into four main areas that I want to focus on: facilities, publicity, training, and community. My biggest point is improving communication links between the FXU and the student body. After talking to a few people I found out that some of them had no idea about the amazing opportunities on offer. I want to increase face to face contact and noticeboard spaces in order to contact more students and get the word out. This is just a small part of my manifestp though, take a look at the rest and the other candidates at fxu.org.uk/elections

What has been the highlight of your campaign so far?

Campaigning always makes me really nervous, so being able to gather together a team of my friends and see their support for me has been so lovely and a real confidence-boost. They are the greatest people I’ve ever met. Oh, and I also enjoy the fact that I get to be a bit crafty by making banners, posters, and t-shirts. I really love paint!

Cecelia Armstrong

Exeter Cornwall

Hannah Harrison

Exeter Cornwall

Aspiring entertainment journalist who dreams of living and working in the USA. Currently studying English Literature at the University of Exeter, Cornwall Campus.