Up-And-Coming Campus Celebrity: Charlotte Weatherill

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter Cornwall chapter.

When approached to be Campus Celebrity, Charlotte Weatherill responded that she did not know what she had done to deserve such a prestigious position. However, Charlotte’s modesty is misleading. Currently in her first year studying English Literature, Charlotte has dived head first into university life, joining several societies and achieving posts of importance within these clubs.

She has just been voted Campaign Officer for the Feminist Society, and says that ‘It is a great place to meet people with similar passions and interests, have discussions and generally become more aware about the world around us. It’s the kind of thing I feel is really worthwhile, and coupled with the campaigns and fundraising that the society gets involved with, it makes you feel like you might be heading towards making some sort of a difference’. She is also Secretary of Choir, having plans to encourage more male vocalists to join- and what boy would pass up the opportunity of being in a society with a Campus Celebrity?!

Charlotte plans to enter into charity work after completing her degree, and she is currently in the process of organising a sponsored walk along the Great Wall of China in order to raise money for various charities such as muscular dystrophy.

Our Campus Celebrity has loved her experience in Falmouth thus far, especially becoming such close friends with people that a year ago she did not even know, and she looks forward to moving into a house with some of her best friends next year.

Always ready with a smile and a wave, we shall be seeing a lot more of Charlotte around the University in the next couple of years as she continues striving to make a difference- keep an eye on this Campus Celeb in her rise to greatness! 

Kirsten Munday

Exeter Cornwall

Olivia Burton

Exeter Cornwall