books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

5 Falmouth Hangouts to Beat Deadline Blues

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter Cornwall chapter.

One of the greatest perks of studying in Cornwall definitely has to be the fact that we can simply pop to the beach for ice-cream whenever we feel like it. And what better way to take advantage of this than by packing up our textbooks and laptop and heading down to Gylly? So if you’re looking to shake up your study style this week then why not check out some of these famous Falmouth hotspots:

Gylly Beach Café

Undoubtedly the most popular of study spots for students of Exeter-Cornwall is the beautiful Gylly Beach Café! Just a stone’s throw away from the bustling beach, GBC provides a perfect combination of business (and when we say business, we mean studying) and pleasure. So next time you feel like you need a break from writing, get down to Gylly, order an ice cold lemonade and let the views do the talking.

Kimberley Park

If you’re looking to escape the hustle and bustle of Falmouth’s most popular beach the best place to unwind with a book is the gorgeous Kimberley Park. It’s also a great location to get together with friends, throw down a picnic blanket and tackle work in a much more relaxed atmosphere. And tell me, what could be better than writing an essay to the sound of chirping birds and the sun beams of a glittering pond bouncing off your face?   

Swanpool Beach

Gylly’s sister beach, and another famous hangout for Exeter students, is the equally wonderful Swanpool Beach! It’s renowned that Swanpool Beach Café does the best ice-creams so if you’re feeling a bit peckish in-between work be sure to grab one! And not only do you have the beach to chill out on but just across the street is the tranquil Nature Reserve where you can just relax and watch the world go by…lovely…

Tremough Campus Gardens

Of course if you’re needing to be nearer to campus whilst doing revision, whether that be hitting up the library or working in the lab, Tremough Campus gardens is a great getaway from the stress of University life, despite its actual location on campus! So pop to Koofi for a milkshake and then head up to Tremough House for that perfect escape!  

Falmouth High Street

Okay, well not the actual high street, but some of the wonderful cafés and restaurants it has to offer! From Good Vibes to Costa, and Café Nero to Grapes, Falmouth has it all! These small little cafés are fab for focused study groups or simply just having a gossip with friends. And if you’re really up for it, you can try and do them all in one week! Revision goals, am I right?

Hannah Harrison

Exeter Cornwall

Aspiring entertainment journalist who dreams of living and working in the USA. Currently studying English Literature at the University of Exeter, Cornwall Campus.