element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The 5 Best Novelty Christmas Jumpers Out This Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter Cornwall chapter.

Christmas is just around the corner, meaning it’s time to break out the decorations, buy all the chocolate you can find, and dig out your best (read: worst) Christmas jumper. If you don’t own one – as I will ashamedly admit – there are loads of stores out there that sell them cheaply. However, you could show up all of your friends at the numerous Christmas parties that will occur this festive season by wearing a novelty sweater, which you can usually find online. Here are my five favourite novelty sweaters out there to give you some inspiration and help you in wowing your friends – perhaps you might even win that Christmas jumper contest…

1. Super Mario Fair Isle Sweater

You may often find that gamers – and their associated video games – are not often represented in the Christmas clothing industry. That’s why this sweater is perfect for all of those players out there who rejoice in their “gamer” identity and want to share it with everyone this Christmas.

2. Batman Fair Isle Sweater

At some point in their lives, everyone wants to emulate the Hero of Gotham and his dark, broody personality. With this great sweater bearing the famous symbol on your chest – and perhaps by putting on a deep, gruff voice – you finally can become a superhero yourself!

3. My Little Pony Women’s Jumper

This one may seem a little childish, but you’d be surprised to see how many people are still obsessed with this show and its characters. A great way to feel nostalgic and remember your childhood at Christmas time, this jumper is made for the child in you!

4. Star Wars Christmas Jumper

This jumper is made for Star Wars fans, and it’s perfect for wearing to a viewing of Episode VIII in December. The Sith don’t seem so scary at Christmas time, and fans can show their love for this infamous villain without concern or reprimand. 

5.  Deadpool Sweater

Last, but certainly not least, comes this sweater featuring everyone’s favorite, racy, out-of-control superhero. This sweater is perfect for any and all Deadpool fans who want to express their passion for the franchise – especially in light of the release of the Infinity War trailer and the reminder that Marvel characters are the best of all. 

Molly Griffiths

Exeter Cornwall '18

I grew up in Paris but was born in Ireland to an Irish mother and a British father. I'm literally obsessed with movies and literature. I also love animals and discovering new things.