Life > Experiences

Where I Traveled This Summer (With Recommendations)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

As the school year begins, the temperature drops, and summer starts to turn into fall, I find myself reflecting back on the places I explored this summer. In no particular order, I am excited to share where I went & some things to do at each beautiful place!

1. Ogunquit, Maine

I traveled to Ogunquit in late May and it was definitely still a little chilly, but nonetheless, a stunning place and such a convenient location to be in! Outside my door, there was access to the beach, many restaurants, ice cream shops, and cute stores all along the strip. 

If you ever find yourself around Ogunquit, here’s what I recommend…

• Wonder Mountain Fun Park 
  • Marginal Way/Perkins Cove 
  • Ogunquit Beach 
  • Cornerstone Artisanal Pizza 
  • Roberto’s Restaurant
  1. Ludlow, Vermont

I was in Ludlow for the 4th of July weekend and it was perfect! I stayed at my friend’s house and the views of the trees and forests were beautiful. The area Ludlow is a very secluded and naturistic place to be, but just a quick drive and there is so much to do and see!

If you ever find yourself around Ludlow, here’s what I recommend…

• Okemo Fire Tower
  • Lake Rescue
  • The Lookout Tavern
  • Mad Hatter’s Scoops
  1. Keuka Lake, New York

My cousins have a house on Keuka Lake, where I went for a weekend in July. I’ve been traveling to Keuka Lake for years now, and over the years I have picked up on some stunning places to check out in the Finger Lakes Region. If you’ve never been to the lakes in upstate NY, you’re missing out!

If you ever find yourself around Keuka Lake, here’s what I recommend…

• Seneca Farms
  • Steuben Brewing Company
  • Watkins Glen State Park
  • Downtown Hammondsport
  1. Wells, VT

I went to a lakefront cabin in Wells for a weekend with my friend, and it was a great time. Similar to Ludlow, the cabin was secluded in the woods and on the lake, and it was quiet, peaceful, and relaxing. There isn’t much to do in Wells, but a little drive out and there are so many options!

If you ever find yourself around Wells, VT, here’s what I recommend…

• Lake Saint Catherine State Park
  • Lake St. Catherine Country Club
  • Taps Tavern
  • Martha’s Dandee Creme
  • Glen Drive-In Theater
  1. Narragansett, RI

I closed off my summer by visiting one of my favorite states, Rhode Island. I’ve been traveling to RI for many summers, yet this was my first time going to Narragansett. It is a beautiful beach town with so much to do. There are plenty of beaches, restaurants, and shops around to explore.

If you ever find yourself near Narragansett, here’s what I recommend…

• Roger Wheeler State Beach
  • George’s of Galilee
  • Adventureland
  • The Tee Shop
  • Block Island

Happy traveling!!

XOXO, Marissa

Marissa Dery

Endicott '25

Hi!! My name is Marissa and I'm an Elementary Education major at Endicott College! Some of my favorite things consist of spending time with family and friends, traveling, watching movies, going to concerts, and teaching! Welcome to my HerCampus page, I'm so happy you're here :))