What I’m Packing For My Spring Break At Home

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

Would I love to go somewhere warm and fun like almost everyone else on my college campus? Yes! Am I? Nope!

As a major home body, I love being able to spend my breaks at home chilling in my bed reading my favorite books or watching a new show rather than sitting on a nice warm sandy beach. I’d rather go to my favorite local coffee spots and restaurants rather than have to search for somewhere to go after being in the hot sun all day. Okay, maybe going on a vacation for spring break would be great, but realistically, not everyone can! I choose to spend mine at home. Here is what I’ll be doing or “packing” for my spring break at home!

Books:

If you know me or have read any of my past articles, you know I’m a huge reader. I have a long list of books I cannot wait to get to read. So, on my spring break, that is what I’ll be doing! I’m looking forward to enjoying Chain of Thorns by Cassandra Clare, Do I Know You? by Emily Wibberley, and hopefully Every Summer After by Carley Fortune. If I get to read more on my list that is great, but I’m not planning on it!

Snacks:

I love to bake, cook, and enjoy food. Not having a kitchen at school has been awful this semester. Finally having access to one again while at home will be great! I’m planning on making chocolate covered strawberries, Oreo truffles, and various kinds of dip — I love good chips and dip!

Outfits:

Since I’m not going anywhere, I have no one to impress. I’ll probably be wearing the classic combo of black leggings and a sweatshirt or crewneck everyday. If it’s cold, my Ugg boots, if it’s warm, my Air Force 1’s. I really can wear whatever I want since I know the climate (as I live in it everyday) as well as having every clothing option in my house.

Activities:

Being home, I know the best places to go in the area. I obviously will be going to my favorite bookstores and coffee shops, as expected. I also will maybe try visiting somewhere new that I’ve been meaning to do. The possibilities as endless! As long as I’m relaxed and taking a break, I don’t care what I do!

All in all, you don’t have to go anywhere for spring break. Sometimes, the best place to go for the week is home.

Hi! I'm Alexandra but everyone calls me Lexi! I'm a psychology major with a minor in creative art therapy! I am this years Senior Editor for HC Endicott and I could not be more excited! I am a huge reader (my articles show that lol) and lover of Harry Styles and all things music! Enjoy!