This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

Flu season is here once again, and it is destroying the days of college students in campuses all across America. The flu not only ruins your social life but will make it even harder to keep up with classes. Here are some helpful tips to dodge the flu on campus this year:

1. Stay Hydrated: In order for the body to function at a high level the body needs to stay hydrated. Water makes up a large part of the human body and in order for you to operate at your best you need to drink enough water to keep that level of functioning.

2. Sleep: I know in college between homework, extracurricular, and a social life it is hard to find the time to get a full night’s sleep, but it’s necessary! When you are sleep deprived your immune system starts to get weak which can lead to to become sick easier.

3. Exercise: When you exercise it causes there to be a change in your white blood cell, then your temperature rises which can help the body better fight off infections.

4. Keep out of close contact with people who show symptoms: I know you love your friends but if they are showing symptoms of the flu try and avoid them for a couple days. If you are constantly around someone who is sick odds are you are going to catch it too.

5. Eat Healthy: Eating healthy is key, try swapping out fries for a yogurt or some veggies at callahan. If you are constantly eating junk food your body won’t have the nutrients needed to fight off bacteria and infection. Thus leaving you more susceptible to illness.

6. Keep your hands away from your eyes, nose, and mouth. Your hands touch everything from door handles to back packs. Before you eat was your hands, or use hand sanitizer, this helps prevent the spread of germs.

7. Wipe down your phone: It is said that your phone holds more germs than the average toilet seat! So take the time to wipe it down with a lysol wipe this small action might help keep you healthy!

Just a girl who loves bread, exercise and traveling.
Eva Graef

Endicott