This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

A Thankful Heart is a Happy Heart

By: Olivia Villanueva

Thanksgiving is a time to be grateful. There are so many things to be grateful for and  sometimes we lose track of how lucky we are to have those things. In fact, there is something for each letter of the alphabet to be grateful for. Here are 26 of the many, many reasons why I am grateful this Thanksgiving!

A: I am thankful for animals. Seeing a cute fluffy dog on campus never fails to make my day.

B:  I am thankful for my bed. I am very lucky to have a comfy and cozy bed to get

into at night, whether it be at home, or at college.

C:  I am thankful for my car. I love having the freedom to go for a drive whenever I want,

especially now that I can have my car on campus.

D: I am thankful for dinner. (LOL a girl can eat) I am very lucky to have a dinner made for me whether I am home or at school, and to be able to go to bed with a full stomach.

E: I am thankful for education. I am grateful that I have the option to go to college and further my education in order to get the job I want to be successful.

F: I am thankful for my family. Family is always first. I do not know where I would be today without all the love and support I get from them.

G: I am thankful for my grandparents. I know grandparents are still a part of family, but I have learned some of the best life lessons from my grandparents. Though they can not be in our lives forever, the lessons they teach us and memories we share with them will never be forgotten.

H: I am thankful for hugs. Nothing is more warming and comforting than a nice big hug!

I:  I am thankful for ice cream. Okay, following hugs, ice cream is the next best thing for cheering me up! It’s good for all seasons, in my opinion!

J: I am thankful for jokes. Everyone needs a little laughter to spice up their day. Life would be too boring without it!

K: I am thankful for kisses. Why be grateful for hugs and not kisses when you can be grateful for both?! These go hand in hand and they are such simple gestures that show so much love and care.

L: I am thankful for love. I am very lucky to have such a sweet and loving boyfriend who manages to show he still loves me even when we have to do long distance.

M: I am thankful for my mom. My mom is the strongest woman I know and I do not know where I would be without her constant love and support.

N: I am thankful for nature. Sometimes a breath of the fresh crisp air and a scenic walk outside with the fall foliage is all you need to wake yourself up a little and get motivated for the rest of the day.

O: I am thankful for the ocean. I love living by the water and especially being able to walk across the street at school to get to the beach.

P: I am thankful for pasta. Pasta is one of my favorite dinners and I eat it way to often to not be grateful for it.

Q: I am thankful for my quilt. I am so lucky to have something to keep me warm at night, especially during the cold winter nights.

R: I am thankful for my claddagh ring. My boyfriend got me a claddagh ring when he asked me to our senior prom and I wear it everyday!

S: I am thankful for sleep. Sleep is one of the most important things in life to make sure you are refreshed and recharged for the next day. As a nursing student, I now cherish my sleep more than I ever have before!!! (If you know, you know)

T: I am thankful for time. Time is the most precious thing we have. Everything we do revolves around it. It is what we do with our time that makes us all different.

U: I am thankful for living in the United States. Living here is such a privilege and I become even more thankful as I get older and learn more about all of our opportunities available.

V: I am thankful for voting. I just voted this past weekend for the first time. Voting gives us the opportunity to have a voice.

W: I am thankful for watermelon. Watermelon is one of my favorite foods to have on a hot summer day.

X: I am thankful for X-rays. Technology in healthcare is becoming more advanced than ever before and is helping save lives every day!

Y: I am thankful for yoga. Yoga is beneficial for your body in so many ways and is the perfect way to relax after a long day or even wake you up before you get your day started!

Z: I am thankful for zumba. Zumba was the funnest workout class I have ever been to. It didn’t even feel like I was exercising!

I am a Nursing Major at Endicott College!
Eva Graef

Endicott