This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

One of the best parts of spring is that it’s the time when plants and flowers are sprouting, especially the veggies. Spring is the time of the year when many people become inspired to become healthy. In the spring, one of my favorite foods are fresh salads. Here are two of my favorite recipes!

Strawberry Spinach Salad

My mom has made this salad for my family since I was little. There are very few ingredients in the actual salad, but the dressing is the magical part. I’m one of those people that don’t like to know what goes into my food, I’d rather just eat it, so when I learned what was in the dressing, I was surprised and a little thrown off. The ingredient list is a little strange, but trust me, this dressing is delicious.

Dressing:

2 tablespoons sesame seeds

1 tablespoon poppy seeds

½ cup white sugar

½ cup olive oil

¼ cup distilled white vinegar,

¼ teaspoon paprika

¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

1 tablespoon minced onion

Salad:

10 ounces of fresh spinach

1 quart of strawberries

¼ cup of almonds

Asian Chicken Salad

The first time I fell in love with this salad was at the Cheesecake Factory. However, I know that eating out all of the time isn’t the best idea for both my health and my wallet, so I learned how to make it myself! In my hometown we have a cute farmers market that I love to go to to get the ingredients! Dressing:

2 tablespoons brown sugar

2 teaspoons soy sauce

1 tablespoon sesame oil

3 tablespoons rice vinegar

Salad:

8 ounces packed dried rice noodles

1 head iceberg lettuce

4 boneless chicken breast halves

3 green onion chopped

1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted

I am a psychology major at Endicott College
Endicott College HC Campus Correspondent, double majoring in International Business and Marketing!