This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

Spring Break Beauty Picks 

Spring break is one of the best times of the year in college. Whether you’re sitting on the couch binging the latest TV or hanging out at the beach catching some sun, it’s a great time to take a break from school and relax.

This spring break, I unfortunately missed out on hitting the beach, but I spent the week relaxing at home with my family (and my dogs!!) instead. I wasn’t totally bummed, though, because I spent the week baking and trying out some new makeup products.

I love all things fashion and beauty, so when I’d exhausted my efforts in the kitchen after whipping up lemon bars, macarons, and cookies, I decided to dig into some of my unopened makeup.

I discovered a few drugstore gems that I thought I’d share!

E.l.f. Acne Fighting Foundation

https://www.elfcosmetics.com/acne-fighting-foundation/300005.html

To all my girls with acne: this foundation is amazing. It covers just as well as my $30+ Nars foundation, and it’s a fraction of the price! It’s also infused with salicylic acid, witch-hazel, camphor, tea tree, and aloe, so it heals your skin while it works its gorgeous magic.

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

Guys, this is by far my favorite mascara. Everything from the shape of the wand to the amazing range of formulas (including waterproof!) is top of the line. I have both the clear and the black versions of this mascara, and after using it I finally understand why it is such a cult beauty fave!

Colourpop Lippie Stix

I’m sure you’ve seen these before, and there’s a good reason why! They come in every color under the sun, you can snag them online for $5.50, and they all have a corresponding lip liner so you can create your own Kylie-worthy lip kit. What’s not to love?

Physician’s Formula Shimmer Strip Eyeliner

I only have one word for this: amazing. I have never used such a good drugstore eyeliner in my life. They have a gel consistency, which makes them glide right on. I can even do winged eyeliner with these with little to no hassle.

Almay Shadow Squad Eyeshadow

These are not only great quality but also super adorable! These shadows come in a small palette with four shades of the same color, but with four different finishes. Each quad includes matte, satin, metallic, and glitter versions of each shade. After receiving this in my Her Campus spring break survival kit, I just had to try it out, and I couldn’t be happier with the results!

I’m no makeup artist, but I went ahead and created an everyday makeup look using all my spring break beauty picks. Check out the finished look below:

I’m wearing the e.l.f. foundation in Porcelain, Maybelline Great Lash in Blackest Black, Colourpop Lippie Stix and Lippie Pencil in the shade Parker, the Physician’s Formula Shimmer Strips eyeliner in black, and the Almay Shadow Squad in Pure Gold, Baby.

If you’ve tried these products, let me know what you think in the comments! I hope you all had an awesome spring break (even if you were just sitting at home like me!) and I want to send a special thank you to HC for the spring break survival kit!

Taylor Wildrick

Endicott '20

Taylor Wildrick is a Marketing Communications major at Endicott College in Beverly, Ma. She loves teaching herself new hobbies that she'll probably never get around to finishing and reading marketing textbooks. She also loves all things fashion, beauty, and pop culture.
Eva Graef

Endicott