Anna Schultz-Girl Looking Through Closet
Anna Schultz / Her Campus

Shopping Second-Hand on the North Shore

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

Are you looking for a local business to support right here on the North Shore? Located just five miles from Endicott College at the corner of Pond Street and Cabot Street in Beverly, Massachusetts sits Worthy Girl. For those who don’t already know, Worthy Girl is a boutique consignment store that offers customers a place to find stylish clothing, shoes, and accessories at very reasonable prices. It’s important to note that Worthy Girl is special, as it isn’t your typical consignment shop. Here are a few reasons why you must stop by Worthy Girl in the near future:

1. The Brands!

When I first visited Worthy Girl, I expected it to be just like most other consignment stores — dirty, unorganized, and full of outdated attire. Yet, I was pleasantly surprised to be immediately greeted by Lululemon leggings, UGG boots, and Kate Spade tote bags. Believe it or not, Worthy Girl carries primarily name brand items, including Forever 21, Free People, Gymshark, and Nike. So cool, right? At Worthy Girl, you will always find items that are trendy and fashionable.

2. The sustainability!

Shopping second-hand is great because not only is it sustainable for the environment, but it’s also sustainable for your wallet! Thrift shopping is good for the environment because it reduces pollution and keeps clothing out of landfills. Furthermore, all the prices at Worthy Girl are very reasonable so everyone is able to buy quality items at reduced prices.

3. The Atmosphere!

Worthy Girl is just one of those places that is so refreshing to be in. The store is easy to navigate and the staff members are all extremely friendly. The light colors, unicorn changing room curtains, and pink furry chairs all contribute to the fun and easygoing vibe of the shop.

Are you interested in learning more about Worthy Girl? Well, if so, I have a surprise for you! On Saturday, March 25, 2023, Worthy Girl will be hosting a pop-up shop right at Endicott College. We hope to see you there!

Lauren Nielson

Endicott '25

Hello! My name is Lauren and I am the Editor in Chief and Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Endicott College. I hope you enjoy reading my articles!