This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

In the 90s about every rom com had Julia Roberts in it. From Notting Hill to Pretty Women, she has been every trope in the mass of romantic comedies. She has pasted that era now, and it’s time for Noah Centineo to take her place as THE romantic comedy icon.

Noah is not doing it alone though. The powerhouse of streaming service, Netflix, is releasing a trailer then movie with Centineo and a female counterpart what seems like every six months. So far there has been three rom-coms starting with the instant classic, To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, Sarah Burgess is a Loser, now coming soon The Perfect Date, and the sequel of To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before. There is also a non netflix rom-com with Noah as the leading man in SPF-18.

So, why him? Is it the fact that he looks like a young Mark Ruffalo or his daily tweets about love? Well, Centineo is super attractive and has a great charm to him. What rose him to this much fame has a lot to do with his first Netflix movie, especially his co-star, Lana Condor. In To All the Boy I’ve Loved Before, there is no denying the AMAZING chemistry between the two young Hollywood stars.

While his other movies, Sarah Burgess is a Loser and SPF-18, have people watching them, they are not to the fame of Lara Jean, Peter Kavinsky, and their contract. A rom com star is nothing without their costar, and Netflix is pushing Centineo to be the every man with every woman. Who knows if someone could top Condor and Centineo.

I think this new movie, The Perfect Date, could give them a run for their money. The cast includes Riverdale breakout star, Camila Mendes and Austin & Ally star, Laura Marano. While in this movie, Centeno’s character is pining after Mendes’ character, you can tell that the real story is going to be between Centineo and Marano. These two have the history of being love interests on the Disney Channel show, Austin & Ally plus the added bonus of the already iconic Veronica from the CW hit to the mix. The Perfect Date will push Centineo even more into stardom.

Noah Centineo and Netflix will be keep the romantic comedy trope alive all on their own. I am sure that that about five more movies or television shows in the works between the two.

Endicott College HC Campus Correspondent, double majoring in International Business and Marketing!