Life > Experiences

My Walt Disney World International Food and Wine Festival Reviews

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

If you know anything about me, it’s that I LOVE Disney and food. Every year my favorite Disney Park, Epcot, puts together a festival celebrating food and drinks from across 9 countries. I was lucky enough to go this year and try as much food as I could.

Some of these items, as you’ll notice have (Emile’s) after them. Throughout the festival, Epcot has presented in partnership with CORKCICLE, Emile’s Fromage Montage. The face of this montage is none other than Remy’s brother Emile, from Disney Pixar’s Ratatouille. To complete this challenge, you must try 5 out of 10 delicious cheese dishes sprinkled throughout the world showcase. What is the prize you may ask? Well, you’ll find out at the end of this review!

1. First on our list is Pão de Queijo: Brazilian Cheese Bread (Emile’s)

Screen Shot 2022 10 15 at 1.36.17 PM

I really enjoyed this one! It essentially is just stuffed crust pizza crust, but in ball form without the pizza sauce. It was so simple but one of my favorites on this list! This can be found at the Brazil booth in between France and Morocco!

2. Lamington

Screen Shot 2022 10 15 at 1.37.59 PM

Don’t let the name fool you… this doesn’t have anything to do with meat. This yellow cake with raspberry filling dipped in chocolate topped with coconut flakes was yummy, but not my favorite. I loved the cake and the raspberry but I felt that the coconut was annoying. I am a very vocal hater of coconut so if you love coconut and everything else in this cake, definitely try it! Even if coconut isn’t your thing like me, you might like it! This can be located at the Australia booth which is between the Shimmering Sips booth and Canada!

3. Next up, Apple Tart

Screen Shot 2022 10 15 at 1.37.25 PM

This apple tart from Canada in the Appleseed Orchard was great but kind of lackluster. It looks and smells better than it tastes. The gooey apples on the inside were amazing but thats about it. The crust was too hard to break and didn’t have the most flavor. The cinnamon on top also didn’t last throughout eating the tart, which was disappointing. Nonetheless, I did end up finishing most of it but probably wouldn’t get it again.

4. Warm Chocolate Pudding Cake with Irish Cream Liqueur Custard

Screen Shot 2022 10 15 at 1.38.13 PM

This is hands down the best dessert from this years festival. This cake can be found in the Ireland booth in between Canada and the United Kingdom. Honestly, the name doesn’t do this justice. It’s more of a chocolate lava cake which was exactly what I have been unknowingly craving my entire life.

5. Obviously, I had to get a crepe in the France Pavilion

Screen Shot 2022 10 15 at 1.38.24 PM

My favorite treat to get every time we go to Epcot. Recently, the France pavilion moved its beloved crepe cart to its own sit down cafe along with the new extension that now includes Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure. The crepe menu has grown to not only now serve sweet crepes, but also savory, and some with soft serve ice cream. This chocolate and hazelnut one has been my go to for years as it is one of the dishes that stays constantly even when the festival isn’t happening.

6. Griddled Cheese with Pistachios and Honey (Emile’s)

Screen Shot 2022 10 15 at 1.37.11 PM

So, my dad wanted to try this one. I can’t go into much detail because I personally did not like it, so here is my dad’s review… “It was very good. I liked the glaze and would never have thought the pistachios would add a great flavor.” I felt that it had an odd texture, so for my picky eaters out there, this one may not be for you. This item is at the Greece booth in between Japan and Morocco!

7. Schinkennudeln: Pasta Gratin with Ham, Onions and Cheese (Emile’s)

Screen Shot 2022 10 15 at 1.36.33 PM

Once again, I barely tried this one because my lactose intolerant stomach couldn’t handle it. It smelled really good and my sister, who ate the majority of it, said she wishes it was a year round item. You can find this one at the Germany booth in between Spain and The Alps!

8. French Fry Flight

Screen Shot 2022 10 15 at 1.36.53 PM

For this one, I have to individually review each kind of fry in this flight. The first, going from left to right, is sea salt and malt vinegar fries. These tasted exactly like salt and vinegar chips which I loved. They did get to be almost a sort of sour after too many, but otherwise the plainest option out of these three. Next we have barbecued bacon fries with smoked aioli. These were great, but I personally didn’t love the aioli, so these were not finished on my part. Lastly, we have a sweet potato casserole with candied pecans, toasted marshmallow cream, and caramel whiskey. These were super sweet and I am personally not a fan of sweet potato, but those who ate these with me who love sweet potato said these were their favorite. This can be found at The Fry Basket booth located near Test Track!

9. Passionfruit Cheesecake x2 (Emile’s)

Screen Shot 2022 10 15 at 1.37.43 PM

This was the last dish my family and I needed to try to finish Emile’s Fromage Montage. We ended up getting two of these (which counted) because we all wanted to try it and it was incredibly small. I personally am not a huge fan of cheesecake but the passionfruit sauce made it all worth it. I also recommend doing this last in the montage, as it was super light compared to the rest of the dishes. This can be found at the Hawaii booth in between Mexico and Shimmering Sips!

10. Strawberry Cheesecake Soft Serve (Emile’s)

Screen Shot 2022 10 15 at 1.38.38 PM

THIS. At the end of the Fromage Montage you are able to show a cast member at the Shimmering Sips booth located right at the World Showcase entrance your 5 stamps showing you tried 5 of the 10 items on their list to receive this amazing strawberry cheesecake soft serve. This made the entire challenge worth it. The soft serve is a strawberry and vanilla swirl topped with a piece of cheesecake and graham cracker crumbles. I ate this in a solid 5 minutes with nothing left to spare. It was the perfect dessert to end my Disney Vacation.

I recommend sharing a lot of these, as portions are big and that way you get to try more! Even if there is something in this list I didn’t like or didn’t try you definitely should go out of your comfort zone and eat or drink something new! That is what the International Food and Wine Festival is all about!

(P.S. If trying new and lots of food isn’t your thing, Epcot has a few other challenges for you! One is finding little Remy statues across the World Showcase and another (just for the Halloween season) is about finding character themed pumpkins throughout the park!)

Hi! I'm Alexandra but everyone calls me Lexi! I'm a psychology major with a minor in creative art therapy! I am this years Senior Editor for HC Endicott and I could not be more excited! I am a huge reader (my articles show that lol) and lover of Harry Styles and all things music! Enjoy!