My Top 5 Favorite Places to Visit in New Hampshire

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

By: Meghann Haley

This time last year, I couldn’t wait to leave the place I grew up in for the last eighteen years of my life and explore a new town that didn’t have roaming black bears and brutal winters. But after spending my first month of college away from home, I’ve realized how wonderful New Hampshire truly is and how lucky I am to have grown up there. So in honor of my home state, here’s my top five favorite places to visit in New Hampshire.

Hampton Beach

Looking for a place to cool off in the summer heat? Then take a dip in the frigid waters of Hampton Beach located on one of the shortest coastlines in the United States. Hampton is a popular hotspot to spend time with friends and family during the few months of the year when you’re not freezing your butt off. It’s a great place to kick back, relax, and get your tan on.

Carter Hill Orchard

With its rolling green fields of produce surrounded by fall foliage, Carter Hill is one of the best places to visit during autumn. Located in Concord, NH, you can go apple picking with your friends and family, pick up some pumpkins to decorate for halloween, and enjoy apple cider donuts that are absolutely de-lish.

Merrimack Premium Outlets

I’m quite the shopaholic so one of my favorite places to go for a sales-tax free shopping spree are at the Merrimack Outlets in Merrimack, NH. They got everything from Tommy Hilfiger to Calvin Klein to Disney. They always have the best deals and it’s a great place to shop during the ungodly hours of Black Friday.

https://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlet/merrimack/about

Bretton Woods

Bretton Woods is home to the beautiful Mount Washington Resort, which was established at the beginning of the twentieth century by Joseph Stickney. With its heart stopping views, the Mount Washington is the perfect place for weddings, events, or for a fun weekend away with friends and family. Across the street is New Hampshire’s largest ski area, which is my favorite place to ski (mostly due to the view from the top of the mountain).

Lake Winnipesaukee

And last, but certainly not least, is the one and only–Lake Winnipesaukee. Nothing quite screams New Hampshire more than Lake Winnipesaukee with its majestic lakeside views,  quaint little shops, and furry friends. It’s the best spot to watch fireworks on the Fourth of July.

Meghann Haley

Endicott '22

I am a marketing communications major at Endicott College!
Eva Graef

Endicott