This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

I wish I could say that I started reading again because I wanted to. Thanks to COVID-19, I decided to order some books after I spent months staring at computer screens all day and my eyes started to get sore. Reading not only helped subdue my eye strain, but it also made me feel like my old book-worm happy self that I was middle school again. Here is a list of some of my favorite books that I read this summer while in quarantine.

The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren

If you love a good enemies to lovers rom-com, this is the book for you. The protagonist, Olive Torres, must go on her twin sister’s honeymoon in Maui after everyone at her wedding got food poisoning except for Olive and Ethan, the best man…who Olive hates. Since Olive’s sister won the honeymoon in a contest and the package has tight restrictions, Olive and Ethan put their mutual hatred aside and go on the trip together posing as the married couple. Chaos ensues, laughs are shared, and love blooms. This novel is filled with plenty of heartwarming, funny, and OMG moments.

One of Us Is Next by Karen M. McManus

The sequel to Karen M. McManus’s bestselling novel, One of Us Is Lying, is just as gripping as its predecessor. The story focuses on Bronwyn’s sister, Maeve, and her two friends, Phoebe and Knox, as they navigate through another mystery at Bayview High involving a deadly Truth or Dare game. With numerous twists and turns, this book will keep you shook until the very end…literally.

Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennett

In this romantic dramedy, former best friends Zorie and Lennon find themselves stranded in Northern California’s backcountry after a camping trip with their friends goes wrong. While they struggle to survive in the wilderness, they try to figure out what went wrong between them and how their feuding families were involved. This YA novel will take you through quite the journey while making you swoon, cry, and laugh at the same time.

Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett

If you love the 1998 romantic drama You’ve Got Mail, be sure to pick this book up. Bailey “Mink” Rydell has been geeking out over classic movies with her online friend, Alex, for months. Since the two teens both live on opposite sides of the country, they have never met in person. When Bailey decides to move from Washington D.C. to California to live with her dad, she sets out to find Alex without telling him she moved to his hometown. However, her plans take a turn when she gets a summer job at the local museum and she meets her dreamy yet insufferable coworker, Porter. As Bailey starts to get to know Porter more, she struggles to decide whether she wants to pursue a relationship with him or stick to her plans to find Alex. Well *spoiler alert* little does she know that Porter is actually Alex. If you need a good heartwarming and hilarious book to read, you should definitely check out this contemporary.

Happy reading!

Meghann Haley

Endicott '22

I am a marketing communications major at Endicott College!