This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

Do you ever listen to music depending on what your feelings are? Because I do. This playlist is specifically for if you have a crush or catching feelings for the person who gives you goosebumps. This playlist can be for your personal enjoyment and just to hype yourself up, you don’t need a man or woman to fall in love. You can be independent and love yourself. Self-love is an important thing to do. You don’t need a man or woman to feel loved. But, if you are currently crushing on someone or just want to listen to fun music, this is your place.  My thought process behind adding these songs was to add songs that are also upbeat. The kind of songs that make you giddy or emotional.

Here are a few of my favorite recommendations from my playlist (click this link to check it out!):

Be my baby by the Ronettes: An oldie but a goodie. This popular girl group from the 1960s (The Ronettes) sang this song. I love the beginning of this adorable song because it’s something you listen to on a sunny day or with friends. Overall, it gives good vibes and is also a nice song to listen to with your significant other. This song has been in many famous old films, such as the 80s hit “Dirty Dancing”. I love the beat of this song. It is so catchy!

Strange by Celeste: I know this song from Tiktok, but it is a quality song. The lyrics really spoke to me: “ From strangers to friends, Friends into lovers and strangers again”. It feels like when you have the feeling of falling in love, even though you don’t fully know the person or sometimes you can lose touch with them. It’s sort of like friends even though friendships are different from romantic relationships. I love the softness of the singer’s voice, it’s also very eerie but beautiful.

Highschool Lover By Air:  This song comes from one of my favorite films, “ The Virgin Suicides”. I love this song because it is dreamy and the song shows emotions like falling in love and does not have to be put into words. This song calms me down. It is my go-to song when falling asleep. 

Piece of my heart By Janis Joplin: This last song makes me feel empowered by her gritty, raspy voice. You can feel the emotion and soul in her voice. It is a good song to listen to when you feel heartbroken or in an angsty mood.  

I chose all these songs because they all have meaning to me and will hopefully have meaning to others whether they are falling in love, in a relationship, or in heartbreak. Love is beautiful and is all around us. Music is also a great outlet to put your feelings out there even… though I am no musician.

I love you all.

PSA: love yourself and others around you. Surround yourself with the ones you love. You will find somebody to love, trust the process :)

Love,
Carolyn

My name is Carolyn Crimmins I was raised in Westford, MA. I am currently studying Digital Media at Endicott College in Beverly MA. I am passionate about art