This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

Meals in a Mug

You read that right!  You can make breakfast, lunch, dinner, and even dessert using just a mug and a microwave, it’s like magic.  And if you’re living in a small dorm room that doesn’t have a full (or any) kitchen, this is perfect for those snowy days when you don’t want to walk to the dining hall, because you know, college students can sometimes be a bit lazy (I totally am)!  Here’s a few ideas for breakfast, dinner, and dessert, all using simple ingredients and your microwave.

Breakfast – Omelet in a Mug

Ingredients

• 2 large eggs

• 1 tablespoon water

• Optional fillings such as

• Green peppers, onion, ham, bacon (microwaveable), shredded cheese, etc.

Directions

Spray a microwave-safe mug with nonstick cooking spray.  Crack 2 eggs into the mug.  Add one tablespoon of water and stir well with a fork.  Season eggs with salt and pepper and add desired fillings.  Microwave for 1 to 2 minutes (until eggs and cooked through and fluffy).

Dinner (or Lunch) – Pizza in a Mug

Ingredients

• 4 tablespoons flour

• 1/8 teaspoon salt

• 1/8 teaspoon baking powder

• 1/16 teaspoon baking soda

• 3 tablespoons milk

• 1 tablespoon olive oil

• 1-2 tablespoons marinara sauce

• Desired toppings such as

• Shredded cheese, pepperoni, basil, oregano, etc.

Directions

Add all ingredients (excluding toppings and sauce) into microwave-safe mug and stir thoroughly with a fork.  Top with marinara sauce.  Add toppings to taste.  Microwave for 70-80 seconds.

Dessert – Chocolate Cake in a Mug

Ingredients

• 3 tablespoons flour

• 3 tablespoons sugar

• 2 tablespoons cocoa powder

• ¼ teaspoon baking powder

• Pinch of salt (optional)

• 3 tablespoons milk

• 3 tablespoons vegetable oil

• Splash of vanilla extract (optional)

• 3 tablespoons chocolate chips (or more if you love chocolate)

Directions

Put flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt if using in a microwave-safe mug (preferably 12 oz.).  Mix thoroughly with a fork.  Add milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla if using and mix until smooth again with a fork.  Add the chocolate chips.  Microwave for 90 seconds.  Let cool for 2 to 3 minutes and enjoy!

Julia is an Integrated Marketing Intern at Her Campus.  She is also a senior at Endicott College in Beverly, MA where she studies Marketing and Dance.  In her free time Julia loves to play with her dog, watch Law and Order: SVU, and hang out at the beach, which just so happens to be her backyard while at school!
Just a girl who loves bread, exercise and traveling.