Let’s Hear it for the Girls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

No matter what your political beliefs are, we can all agree on one thing. As ladies, we need to empower each other more, whether it be in the classroom, in the bathroom at a party, or on a national scale dealing with important issues. At this time of political upheaval and controversy, I think it’s crucial for women’s voices to be heard in society. Here are a few inspiring quotes from politically inspirational women to lift you up when you’re feeling low or need a boost of encouragement. 

“I could not, at any age, be content to take my place by the fireside and simply look on. Life was meant to be lived. Curiosity must be kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life.”

– Eleanor Roosevelt 

“You may not always have a comfortable life and you will not always be able to solve all of the world’s problems at once but don’t ever underestimate the importance you can have because history has shown us that courage can be contagious and hope can take on a life of its own.”

– Michelle Obama

“You know, everybody has setbacks in their life, and everybody falls short of whatever goals they might set for themselves. That’s part of living and coming to terms with who you are as a person.”

Hillary Clinton

“Always aim high, work hard, and care deeply about what you believe in. And, when you stumble, keep faith. And, when you’re knocked down, get right back up and never listen to anyone who says you can’t or shouldn’t go on.”

Hillary Clinton

“When the whole world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful.”

Malala Yousafzai

“What I’ve learned is that real change is very, very hard. But I’ve also learned that change is possible – if you fight for it.”

– Elizabeth Warren

“Struggle is a never ending process. Freedom is never really won, you earn it and win it in every generation.”

– Coretta Scott King

“If you want anything said, ask a man; if you want anything done, ask a woman.”

– Margaret Thatcher

“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people”

– Eleanor Roosevelt 

“I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear.”

– Rosa Parks

pinterest.com

Born and raised in Maine. Sophomore. Marketing Communications major. Endicott College Dance Team.
Just a girl who loves bread, exercise and traveling.