Let’s Face The Facts: Fall is Better than Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

As summer comes to an end, many are in distress over the loss of poolside tanning, spontaneous beach trips, and chocolate ice cream on the regular. Yet, at this time, I can’t help but eagerly count down the days until the fall season kicks into high gear. You can try, but you will never be able to convince me that summer is better than fall, especially here in New England. Why is fall the best season of them all? Let me tell you.

1. The Weather

After the intense heat of summer, it is such a relief when it finally cools down outside. So long are the days of heat exhaustion and brutal sunburns, as cool and crisp breezes arrive. Along with this perfect weather comes the opportunity to comfortably spend more time outside. The fall foliage is so picturesque!

2. ThE Festivities

There’s so much to do during the fall. Are you looking to go out somewhere? Try picking apples at a local orchard, strolling through a pumpkin patch, getting spooked in a haunted corn maze, cheering on your team at a football game, or even visiting a farmer’s market. If you are looking to stay in, try cozying up to a fireplace, roasting chestnuts, or carving a pumpkin. There are so many ways to stay busy and have fun!

3. The Food

Fall sweets and beverages are absolutely delicious. I am a big fan of any savory apple treat, whether it be apple pie, apple cider, caramel apples, or even apple cider donuts. I also enjoy all Thanksgiving foods, including turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, dinner rolls, and pie. This absolutely is the season for pumpkin spice and everything nice!

4. The Fashion

Bring on the sweaters and the boots! Rather than spending the day in a wet bikini or skin-tight jean shorts, fall is the time for anything from stylish mom jeans to comfortable athletic leggings. With it not being too hot or too cold, the weather is perfect for stylish dressing with rich colors, faux fur, and/or fun prints such as plaid or leopard.

5. The Holidays

Halloween and Thanksgiving are always fun and laid-back. Halloween is the one night of the year that anyone can be anything that they want to be and eat as much candy as they want without regret. Then, Thanksgiving is all about eating a delicious meal while being surrounded by family and friends. Neither holiday requires presents or extravagant decorations for success.

Lauren Nielson

Endicott '25

Hello! My name is Lauren and I am the Editor in Chief and Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Endicott College. I hope you enjoy reading my articles!