Celina Timmerman-Mom Jeans Hanging
Celina Timmerman-Mom Jeans Hanging
Celina Timmerman / Her Campus
Style > Fashion

Jeans: How To Find the Perfect Pair

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

For some reason, I have always had the hardest time finding the perfect pair of jeans. Everything I try on is either too loose at the waist and too tight on my hips. Most of the time, they won’t go over my thighs as I try to put them on.

My size changes at every store, ranging from a 00 to a 3. I wonder why these sizes are so varied. Why can’t stores just come up with a universal size system? but that’s besides the point. Because I have struggled for so long, here is a few tips from an expert on how to find the perfect pair of jeans.

1. Try different types of jeans

Lot’s of stores are now including a wide variety of types of jeans. By this statement, I don’t mean brands per se, though trying different brands is also good, what I really mean is size lines. Stores are now including jean classifications such as petites, juniors, curvy, and plus size. This is awesome because categories like this can help to narrow down the search for the perfect pair. however, make sure you don’t only look in these sections for you could miss out on a gem located outside of this section.

2. Go to a wide variety of stores:

When first starting the search for the perfect pair of jeans, it can be difficult to find a place that consistently has jeans that you like and that fit well. I know that for me, I have the most luck at American Eagle, but there are so many stores that offer a large variety of choices. Make sure that you don’t only go to a lot of stores until you begin to figure out where you might have the best luck.

3. Make sure you find the best fit:

The thing about finding the right pair of jeans is that once you reach a certain amount of unsuccessful shopping outings, you get desperate. In this time you must hold yourself back. Don’t get the jeans that are ok. In the past, I used to slum it for jeans that were almost there. the ones that were just a little too big on the waist or just a little too loose on the calves. This is not the right move to make however, for in a few months you’ll decide you hate them and toss ’em out.

4. If you don’t absolutely love it, don’t get it

The last, and most important piece of advice I can give is the following: DO NOT get the jeans unless you LOVE them. You need to love the way you look in those jeans otherwise it’s not worth spending the money. If the jeans you’re trying on do not inspire the confidence levels you need to get through the day , do not (I repeat do not) get them!!

Emily Crain

Endicott '24

English Secondary Education Major Gender Studies Minor