Life > Academics

How to Stay Organized Amid the Chaos of an Ending Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

Highlighters:

I find that highlighters are one of the only things that keep me on track while doing assignments. Whether it is a reading assignment, a worksheet, or a writing assignment, grab a highlighter. Mark anything that seems important. Color code. Do what works for you, but use a highlighter because it will keep you focused on on task.

Flashcards:

I find it super helpful to make flashcards after each chapter or section of information. I do this for all of my classes even if I don’t ever use them after. By doing so, I am able to better learn, understand, and memorize the information given. This also makes it so much easier when finals come around, because I am already prepared to begin studying.

Notes:

Make sure that when you take notes, they are neat and organized. If you are having an off-day with your handwriting, take the notes but rewrite them later because you need to be able to read them. If I am talking notes on short bullets, draw a line down the middle of the paper, and take two columns of notes so you save room. If the bullets are longer statements, use a full page of notes.

Weekly Planners:

Go to target right now and get a planner if you don’t have one. You need a big planner that provides enough room to write everything you need or want to complete within the span of one week. At the start of every week, write down every assignment that you have. As the week progresses, highlight the assignments you have completed as you do it. It will help you feel organized as well as motivated.

Sticky Note Headers:

In each of your notebooks, you need to divide up the information. In order to do this, take a sticky note and at the top, write the topic discussed in the section you are working with. Next, put the sticky note on the top of the page like a bookmark. By doing this, you can find the information you need quickly and efficiently.

Emily Crain

Endicott '24

English Secondary Education Major Gender Studies Minor