How to Celebrate Marathon Monday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

The Boston marathon is a bittersweet subject for New Englanders but on marathon Monday, we need to celebrate it the best way we can and be Boston strong. This Monday, watch the marathon and support those who run because it takes courage and resilience. Some runners are new, some are old and some are survivors. Don’t just pledge to be boston strong, support the Boston strong.

Being a Massachusetts school, we shouldn’t take this holiday for granted, if you can, watch the race, support the runners. Here are five ways to celebrate marathon Monday:

1. Get up early and go for a run yourself.

Don’t just watch, do! Take a run and appreciate the fact that 26.2 miles is a hell of a lot running!

2. Prep yourself with coffee or OJ because you’re in for the long haul.

3. Invite friends over, because, you’re in it for the long haul!

Watch the whole race start to finish and socialize with your friends while your at it!

4. Take a moment of silence to remember the injured and the fallen during the Boston marathon in 2013

This year marks 4 years since the Boston marathon bombing, and even though that may seem like a long time, it isn’t a long time for survivors.

5. Last but not least, don’t forget to be thankful for no classes, friends and family all around you and the 120-year-old celebration of the fastest runners around! #bostonstrong

Passionate peer educator and self proclaimed sexpert. I enjoy talking dirty about the anatomy of the human body. More often than not, you'll find me binge watching Ted Talks. Happiest nanny to three wonderful kiddos. And I'll never forget that everyday is a a great day to be a gull.
Just a girl who loves bread, exercise and traveling.