Halloween Treats For Girls Night In

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

For all the girls out there who are as fall festive as I am, here is a girl’s night in that is a must the week of Halloween. Get all of your friends together and get cooking! Halloween is known for sweets and treats, just because we are no longer going house to house in costume does not mean that we have to miss out on the spooky candy, cookies and cakes!

Halloween Bark

What you need:

• Chocolate graham crackers

• 2 (16 oz) packages of vanilla candy coating or almond bark

• Candy for topping. I used Autumn M&Ms, candy corn, sprinkles, and Wilton candy eyeballs. You can use any combination of candy, sprinkles, or nuts.

The Steps:

1. Place Graham crackers along the bottom of the pan, try not to leave any open space

2. In a microwave safe bowl, carefully melt the vanilla candy topping or almond bark, making sure to stir often.

3. Pour the melted vanilla candy topping or almond bark over the chocolate graham crackers, and spread it evenly over the entire pan.

4. Now time to Decorate! Scatter the candies and sprinkles all over the pan. After all the candy is on, put the dish aside to allow the the candy coating or almond bark to settle and become firm.

5. After the candy coating or almond bark is cool and everything is settled, break apart the bark and then it’s time to eat!

Remember to keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge!

Chocolate Apple Slices

What you need:

10-12 slices

Serving Size: 1 slice

• 2 very large Fuji apples

• 3 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

• 1 tablespoon coconut oil

• 1 cup caramels, melted

• Chopped pecans or crushed pretzels

• Popsicle sticks

The Steps:

1. Slice apples into 1/2″ pieces. With a knife make a little slit in the bottom of each apple slice to make it easier to insert a popsicle stick.

2. Melt chips in the microwave on high for about 2 minutes.* Stir in coconut oil until smooth. Dip apple slices in chocolate and place on parchment lined cookie sheet.

3. Put the caramels in microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 45-60 seconds.* Be careful not to overheat. Stir until smooth. Lightly drizzle the melted caramel over chocolate and sprinkle with nuts or pretzels.

4. Refrigerate for about 1 hour. Serve and enjoy immediately. Apples are best the first day. Store in refrigerator.

5. *For best results, follow the chocolate chip package instructions for melting chocolate and same for caramel. Follow the caramel package instructions for melting caramels.

6. Note: If you’re concerned about biting into an apple seed, just remove them before dipping the apple slice in chocolate.

Just a girl who loves bread, exercise and traveling.
Eva Graef

Endicott