This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on the past year and to express gratitude for the blessings in our lives. This past year, I experienced the biggest change in my entire life – college. Although it can be stressful and exhausting at times, I can not shy away from recognizing all the things that I appreciate about college, especially in comparison to high school. As a result, in honor of Thanksgiving, I decided to craft a list of all the things I am thankful for in college.

1. Sleeping In

I am grateful that I no longer need to wake up at 6 a.m. every single morning for school. I love being able to take my time to get ready for the day.

2. Course Options

I am grateful for the immense number of courses that our college has to offer. It is remarkable that we have the opportunity to personally enroll in such a wide variety of classes, even just within a single major. Additionally, I thoroughly enjoy being in classes alongside other students who are interested in the same subjects that I am.

3. Academic Support

I am grateful for my passionate and caring professors. Before I entered college, I assumed that most college professors would act solely as strict lecturers. However, all of my professors have been beyond approachable, engaging, and reasonable. Furthermore, I am grateful for the additional academic support provided by writing center tutors and academic advisors.

4. Flexible class times

I am grateful that I am no longer in classes from 7:30 a.m. to 2:05 p.m. everyday. I love that if a professor finishes his or her lesson before class is officially over, the students can leave class early. Also, with no substitute teachers in college, an email from a professor regarding a cancelled class is always an exciting surprise.

5. School Events

I am grateful for easy access to activities and experiences beyond the classroom. It is wonderful to be in close proximity to sporting events and it is terrific that the college continuously hosts free events that anyone can attend.

Lauren Nielson

Endicott '25

Hello! My name is Lauren and I am the Editor in Chief and Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Endicott College. I hope you enjoy reading my articles!