Life > Experiences

Galentine’s Day is Important: Celebrating Womanhood

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

For the month of February, my chapter put on Galentine’s Day featuring some samples from the Sampling Squad. Each executive member put so much time crafting every individual goodie bag for our members including lip balm, Sol de Janerio samples, heart-shape stress balls, and scrunchies. They were a huge hit and we quickly handed them all out. 

While the event was on a smaller scale in comparison to our Women’s Weekend in March, a three day marathon of womanhood and feel-good vibes, Galentine’s Day had a big impact. We had girls, both familiar and not, excitedly come up to our table. They took a goodie bag for themselves as well as their roommates, moms, sisters, and friends. They laughed when we took pictures of them with their goodie bags and happily told us “Happy Galentine’s Day!”.

At Endicott College, there are so many instances of girls banding together in the spirit of sisterhood. It ranges from checking in on another girl at a party, complimenting her gorgeous hair, holding the door for each other, commenting all the pink emojis on women’s sports instagram posts, or gathering together for a group photo on Galentine’s Day. While there are days where our future seems threatened or dark, it’s those little moments that remind me how precious it is to share this college experience with so many other girls. I’m grateful for our education, our group projects, and walking to class together. Galentine’s Day was the perfect time to honor that – along with a cute pink accessory or shirt to say “I love you!”.

Lucy Kratman

Endicott '26

Hi everyone! My name is Lucy and I'm a sophomore Marketing/Communications major at Endicott! I love everything british - Harry Styles included. Enjoy my articles!!