samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Five Tips to Guarantee a Great Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

Five Tips to Guarantee a Great Semester

1. Get Organized

If you don’t have a planner, buy one. I use a planner every single day and I can’t image how crazy my life would be without it. Between clubs, classes, appointments and shifts for work, it’s hard to keep track. Staying organized will not only help to stay on top of tasks, but help you develop better time management skills so you’re not cramming last-minute assignments all into one night.

2. Set Goals

A new semester means new opportunities. Take the chance to set a new goal. These goals could be to make the Dean’s List or workout three times a week. It’s something small, but after it’s been accomplished, I’m sure it will feel great!

3. Do Something New

Take this opportunity to challenge yourself and try something new. It could be as small, or as simple, as joining a club, trying a workout class at the gym or doing work somewhere other than your dorm room. These types of changes will not only encourage you to push yourself, but offer the perfect opportunity to meet someone new.

4. Get-to-Know Your Professors

College classes can be pretty difficult. Every professor tries to make themself available to their students through email, office hours or by appointment. I promise you, it will be worth your time to stop by their office and get to know your professor. Ask a question, look over your grades, whatever it may be, they will know you took the time to stop by and that you care. Developing relationships with professors in college offers another source of support and comfort. Who knows, you could end up really enjoying the time you spend and your professor might even help you discover future classes and opportunities.

5. Learn How to Budget

Saving money is difficult and unless you have a job, or even if you do, budgeting money is hard. Set an amount you would like to spend each week and maybe make a list of things you need and things you want. Groceries or even a couple of coffees may be more of a necessity, but that new pair of jeans you spotted at American Eagle may need to wait. If you learn to budget, you could set aside small amounts that, over a matter of weeks, grow enough to cover a new top or makeup that you’ve been dying to pick up.

Each of these tips are designed to help you have a fun, successful semester and also, grow as a student! If your looking for something to help mix up your daily schedule, try one of these tips and see how it goes. It’s always great to try new things!

Riley Jenson

Endicott '20

I am a senior at Endicott with a major in Marketing Communication/Advertising and a minor in Professional Writing. I'm passionate about writing and the fashion industry. My dream is to move to New York City.
Eva Graef

Endicott