13 going on 30 closet?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
13 going on 30 closet?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Columbia Pictures / Revolution Studios
Style > Fashion

Embracing Your Own Style: Tips and Tricks to Finding Your Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

Coming into college, I felt that my outfits were so much harder to choose than in high school. In high school, you walk into school quickly from the parking lot and don’t need to leave the building. Your classes were with mostly the same people. Maybe your outfit didn’t matter as much. 

But now, in college, there are so many more factors; the weather, coming from the gym, having to go straight from the store to class, late night classes, and so much walking. Here are some of my favorite things to do when it comes to planning my outfits in college. 

1. Plan ahead! Being able to take my time and pick out some cute outfits the night before I have class saves me so much time! It also helps to see it on my body before I’m running out the door.
  2. Don’t be afraid to switch things up! Leggings and sweatshirts are so comfy but I’ve found that I feel so much better in an outfit that makes me feel like a million bucks! Even if you go slow and incorporate some jeans in there – just try it! You may find your new favorite outfit!
  3. Thrifting! I LOVE to thrift because it’s a bunch of everything everywhere. Sometimes you find something you never would’ve thought of otherwise. The potential is endless!
  4. Pinterest is so fun! Pinterest has been a life-changer for me as I look to find my style. If you have an idea but not a clear one, go on Pinterest for some inspiration! I’ve found some awesome inspo and it’s so satisfying finding it in your closet!

Good luck! Your style is out there, you just need to find it!

Lucy Kratman

Endicott '26

Hi everyone! My name is Lucy and I'm a sophomore Marketing/Communications major at Endicott! I love everything british - Harry Styles included. Enjoy my articles!!