This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

Obviously you can go online and find a bunch of self-care tips on Pinterest and other sites, but sometimes we need quick and easy alternatives to those that take little time. I know last year when I was a freshman and without a car I couldn’t just go off campus and buy a bunch of facemasks or Ben and Jerry’s ice cream! I have come up with a list of self-care tips that may not be super “cutesy” but they are still very helpful.

Have you been eating well? If not you should grab some fruit from the dining hall or eat something with some protein. You need to fuel your body with good food :)

Take a cold shower if you need to wake up or a hot shower if you need to relax.

Drink water, it’s never a bad idea!

Overwhelmed by a lot of different things? Focus on getting some simple tasks done first… like that laundry that’s been piling up in the corner of your room!

Go outside for a little while. Sit down, breathe. You could use the fresh air and some vitamin D. Personally, with the beaches we have at Endicott I would take a break at Peace Rock. Even in the middle of February, if I was overwhelmed that’s where you would find me!

Open your blinds! The blinds in your room, especially in a dorm room, do a good job at shutting out the light coming in. Having the blinds closed often makes me feel tired and unmotivated. I am someone who really enjoys sitting in sunlight so find some windows and soak up the sun.

Don’t forget that self-care does not always need to be a glamorous act, but rather something that overall makes you feel better! Soaking up the sun, doing some laundry, and breathing in some fresh air are sure ways that you will feel back on track with a clear ming.  There’s no rush to get everything done, so start with the little things. Tackle one thing at a time and try not to overwhelm yourself.

Bridget LaSelva

Endicott '21

Education Major at Endicott College
Endicott College HC Campus Correspondent, double majoring in International Business and Marketing!