Easy DIY Halloween Decorations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

If you’re anything like me, when there’s an opportunity to decorate for something you will do it. However, if you’re also like me you’re a broke college student who has to do everything on a budget. That is where Pinterest and Target come in to play. Also known as the two greatest things to happen to the world. 

Halloween is one of the best holidays to decorate for. There are many different ways of going about it, you can go either “spooky” or take a cuter approach and fill your room up with pumpkins and candy. I like to go somewhere in the middle. 

So far, much of what is in my room is from Target, or things I have made at campus activities (I highly recommend going to those). Trying to maintain a budget, I only allowed myself to buy a few things. What I got was inexpensive decorations that anyone can afford and will make any room look a little more festive. 

Window Decorations:

Pumpkins!

I decided to get fake pumpkins so I wouldn’t have to deal with anything getting rotten and I highly recommend it. These were $3 each at Target and they are super adorable. They are nice and easy and though I love carving and painting pumpkins, this was an easier and less messy alternative.  

DIYs:

Both of those jars were decorated at an on-campus Halloween Pinterest night. It was super fun, and everything was free which makes it even better. They are both mason jars that I attempted to make look a little “fall-y.” There are so many things that you can find on Pinterest that are super easy and inexpensive, it’s definitely the first place you should check out for any ideas. Stay budget friendly!  

Door Décor:

This again was bought at Target for only $2 to $3. Sometimes the simplest decorations are the best. There are a lot of people who have really went all out when decorating their doors. There are other things you can add to your door such as caution tape, fake spider webs, and wall décor that doesn’t have to be held up with push pins. 

Lights:

These were a gift from my roommate’s mom for us to decorate our room. Their eyes flicker and it looks very cool when they face out the window. They can be seen from the ground and it makes our room stand out a little. 

Hopefully these decorations gave you a little inspiration or some ideas for how you’re going to decorate your room. If you decide to decorate your dorm room, use the hashtag #ECHerCampus so we can check them out! 

Hope you’re getting excited for Halloween!

Bridget LaSelva

Endicott '21

Education Major at Endicott College
Eva Graef

Endicott