This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

Multiple artists are dropping new music just before June begins, meaning that we’ll have some amazing new albums and songs to sing and dance to all summer long!

Lewis Capaldi is back to breaking our hearts with his sophomore album, Broken by Desire to Be Heavenly Sent. As some fans know, in 2021, Capaldi put his tour on hold to focus on his sophomore effort. Since then, he has promoted two singles from the album, “Forget Me” and “Pointless,” both of which are vulnerable and highlight his incredible vocals. This new album is sure to be a tearjerker, making it the perfect addition to your sad playlist.

Niall Horan, beloved One Direction member and judge on The Voice, recently announced his third solo album, The Show. The album will officially be released on June 9, 2023, so I’m sure it will be filled with summer tunes. The album’s lead single, “Heaven” was released on February 17, 2023, and fans cannot get enough of his vocals. The record will consist of ten tracks and features no guest artists. I am so excited to hop in my car, roll my windows down, feel the summer air rush by, and listen to Niall Horan’s new album.

Kim Petras will be releasing a new single, “Alone,” with the one, the only, Nicki Minaj. Clips of this song have been circulating around TikTok, and users are claiming it to be the song of the summer. Furthermore, the song will be sampling the legendary beat from “Better Off Alone” by Alice Deejay. The clips sound similar to a pop track from the early 2000s, giving the song a nostalgic feel. Nicki Minaj never misses, and it will be exciting to see how much flare she brings to the music of Kim Petras.

Four years after finally reuniting, the Jonas Brothers are releasing their sixth album, The Album, on May 12, 2023. Nick, Kevin, and Joe have all teased some of the album’s tracks on social media, including “Waffle House” and “Wings.” The singers were inspired by the Bee Gees while crafting their new music, ensuring that there will be some exciting summer music to come. 

Be sure to check out this new summer music when it is released while you soak in some sunshine!

Sophia Lonnroth

Endicott '26

Hi! I'm Sophia Lonnroth, a freshman psychology major, and I am the current Deputy Editor for HC at Endicott College! I hope you enjoy my written work!! :)