College Fashion Week 2017: Boston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

Saturday evening, a few members of Her Campus and I attended our first event of the year! It was a fashion show, located at a nightclub in Boston, sponsored by a variety of retail, hair and makeup companies. The show itself featured items from Primark’s new Fall line. We arrived to the venue pretty early, but a line had already started forming. Within minutes, the line had traveled down the block and around the corner. None of us knew what to expect, but it’s safe to say we were impressed. While the line grew, a camera crew ran down, filming all of those who were excitedly waiting to enter the event. Right around six, the doors opened. Surprisingly, we were greeted with two gift bags and a Primark gift card. The bags were filled with Bed Head products, a variety of makeup, A book and gift box from Popsugar and a cute, reusable tote bag. At the top of the stairs, before entering the actual event, our group stopped to take a few pictures on the mock red carpet. The room was full of fashionistas in the making and multiple companies had tables set up around the perimeter of the runway. One of the wonderful sponsors, Bed Head, had a station set up as well as Ulta Beauty. The lines were long, with good reason, but it was well worth the wait. We each received a hair “prescription” of recommended products specifically for our hair types, as well as, a complementary product from Bed Head, and a printed picture from the Ulta photo booth. 

The show started, and we were able to find a spot right in the front, next to the runway. The show was split into three sections, and highlighted top trends for the Fall. The models were all college students, which I loved, and the garments were right on. Each outfit was personalized and stylized to fit the target Her Campus college student. These were outfits I could easily see any college student wearing, especially those who spend time in the city. The College Fashion Show was truly an impressive event and sends a great, positive messages to young women. Everyone there was dressed up and it was a great night. This was a perfect event to kick of the year and ended up being a fantastic evening! Our chapter is thrilled to return to the show next year, as well as finding out what’s in store for future events this year. 

Riley Jenson

Endicott '20

I am a senior at Endicott with a major in Marketing Communication/Advertising and a minor in Professional Writing. I'm passionate about writing and the fashion industry. My dream is to move to New York City.
Eva Graef

Endicott