Blossoming in Summer: A Seasonal Refresh

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

Ah, finally summer—the season of sunny days, endless nights, and fun times. It’s that time of year when we all crave a bit of relaxation and a chance to hit refresh. In this article, we’re diving into how people like you and me take advantage of the summer vibe to rejuvenate, reflect, and maybe even discover something new about ourselves along the way.

A Time for Reflection:

Before you dive into summer activities, it’s important to reflect and acknowledge the year you’ve had. Try to ask yourself, what were the highlights? What were the challenges? What have you learned? This will allow you to gain insight on your life and what’s next. There will never be an experience you reflect on that doesn’t matter or you should regret. Everything you experience in life is an opportunity to learn and grow. The most important thing is to stay positive and appreciative of everything to be able to move forward.

Reconnecting with Home and Family:

Especially if you were away from home, summer is an opportunity to reconnect with your roots. Spend time with your loved ones. Reminisce on past memories and make new memories together. After being so busy, you can now dedicate your time to cherishing quality time. You have the opportunity to rekindle bonds and nurture the relationships that act as your anchor. The very best way to recharge is surrounding yourself with people you love!!

Explore New Passions:

Summer is the time for adventure and to be inspired. Don’t be afraid to pursue new passions. Go out and do that thing you’ve always wanted to do! Whether it’s picking up a paintbrush, strumming a guitar, or delving into the world of cooking, the longer days and warmer weather beckon us to embrace our creative impulses. Take that time that you didn’t have before to invest into your hobbies and passions. Fill your days with experiences that nurture you.

Seek Personal Growth:

Whether it’s professionally or personally, summer offers a calm atmosphere and warm days that make it the perfect place to start self-discovery. Summer inspires us to broaden our horizons and become the best versions of ourselves, whether that means carving out time for reflection, looking for new experiences, or pushing ourselves to go beyond our comfort zones. From picking up new abilities to conquering challenges, every instant presents a chance for improvement.

Invest in Self-Care:

The summertime invites us to prioritize self-care by enjoying physical and mental activities that benefit from the season’s sunny days. It’s the perfect time to take care of our skin, keeping it hydrated. It also presents an excellent opportunity for physical exercise. Push yourself out of your comfort zone and create goals to better yourself on the road to become the person you want to be. By making time for these goals, we not only improve our health but also create a sense of self-accomplishment. Listen to what your mind is telling you that you need. Don’t be afraid to treat yourself!! Above all your self-care should be what makes you happy!!

So, let’s set out on a self-care journey that is full of joy, adventure, and self-discovery as the summer unfolds. The options are endless!! Embrace this season with vigor, understanding that when we take care of ourselves, we’re not only nourishing our bodies and minds but also creating a rich summer experience. Remember, the most important thing is to have fun and embrace the journey of self-care and self-love! Give yourself that refresh. Happy summer <3

Riley Quinn

Endicott '27

Just a girl passionate about writing on topics that she loves :)