The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

No matter the season, these cookies are the perfect fix for your sweet tooth. These treats can be served hot and gooey, or chilled and crunchy as the perfect after dinner snack. Not only are these very simple to make, but the recipe is also very flexible, so add M&Ms, reese’s, or other candy in place of chocolate chips as desired!

Ingredients

2 ¼ cups All Purpose Flour

1 teaspoon Baking Soda

½ – 1 teaspoon (preference on taste) Salt

1 cup (2 Sticks) Butter (Room temp)

2 Large Eggs

¾ cup Sugar

¾ cup Brown Sugar

1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract

2 cups Chocolate Chips

1-2 cups Oatmeal (Optional)

**If you are looking for more texture in the cookies, or do not like the big chunks of oats, you can substitute 1 cup of flour for one cup of grinded up oats**

Instructions

• Preheat oven to 375

• Combine Flour, baking soda, and salt into a small bowl.

• In a separate bowl, blend butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract until consistency is creamy.

• Crack one egg at a time into the butter mixture while continuously blending.

• Slowly add in flour mixture until fully combined

• At this point, you can fold in chocolate chips and oatmeal

• Roll into tablespoon sized balls and place on baking sheet, leaving an inch or two between each (They will expand as they bake).

• Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until golden brown on the top (Tip, leave them a little gooey, as they will continue baking on the pan once removed from oven)

• Remove from baking sheet after 2-3 minutes and enjoy hot, or put aside for later

This simple recipe is so easy to follow, and it’s almost impossible to mess up. I encourage you to add in ingredients of your own to fit your mood, Just be creative! These snacks also make for good gifts because they stay fresh for longer than a day if you wrap them in plastic wrap overnight, and store in the refrigerator. Nothing says “Happy Birthday” like a fresh homemade batch of cookies!

Endicott College HC Campus Correspondent, double majoring in International Business and Marketing!