Are You Feeling Stuck Right Now? Here Are 5 Things I Do to Tackle That Feeling

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

Make a To-Do List

For me, mapping everything I need to do or want to do is super helpful. It seems daunting at first, but once everything is out on paper, it feels good to get it out of your head and onto something you can see. Being able to plan when things need to be done versus when you want them done is also helpful in realizing you have more time than you think.

Try Something New

Read a new book, try to doodle, bake or cook something new…the possibilities are endless! Anything that is new to you may help get you out of a sticky place! Experiencing something new could help you find a new favorite hobby!

Get Out Some Energy

I love going to the gym for a quick workout or going on a walk around campus. With our three beaches, how could you not! Sometimes it helps me think and other times, it helps me escape reality and come back in a fresh new headspace. It can be different for everyone, and for me it depends on the kind of day I’m having.

Talk to a Friend

Maybe a friend is feeling the same way as you and you can support each other or maybe they have their own ideas on how to help you! Getting your feelings out as well can sometimes help before making sure before that your friend is ready to listen and doesn’t need time of their own in that moment.

Write an Article For Her Campus!

This is one of my favorite things to do when I’m in a rut! It gets my creative juices flowing and getting new fun ideas written out feels good! When I feel stuck I love to write about things that bring me joy such as what book I’m reading, what my current playlist is, or even writing about feeling stuck.

Hi! I'm Alexandra but everyone calls me Lexi! I'm a psychology major with a minor in creative art therapy! I am this years Senior Editor for HC Endicott and I could not be more excited! I am a huge reader (my articles show that lol) and lover of Harry Styles and all things music! Enjoy!