7 Songs We Couldn’t Get Enough Of Last Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

1. Closer—Chainsmokers ft. Halsey

Alright, let’s just get this one over with. I could write an entire article about how this one song defined the whole fall semester. Whether it played in the car on the way to Chipotle on a Wednesday night, or was screamed to in a crowded dorm room by sixty of your closest friends, we could never really escape this song. But did we really want to escape it?

2. Starboy— The Weeknd ft. Daft Punk

Overnight, this song became a pregame necessity. The Weeknd’s chill vocals were perfect to turn around the the 7pm Saturday night slump when it was time to start getting ready to go out. 

3. No Problem—Chance the Rapper ft. 2 Chainz and Lil Wayne

The craze started in Summer ’16, but quickly followed into the new school year. We really couldn’t get enough of this song; it became a party anthem. It was a guaranteed pump up, whether you were hanging with your three closet friends in your room, or at a Saturday night rave complete with the laser lights and American flags on the wall.

4. Side to Side—Ariana Grande ft. Nicki Minaj

The first track on the girls’ night playlist, and the perfect workout song. Nothing like taking cute hallway pics with your closet friends while this played in the background. 

5. Caroline—Animé

I don’t think anyone knows where this song came from. All of a sudden, it was everywhere. There became a mad scramble to learn all the lyrics; no one wanted to be left behind.

6. Black Beatles—Rae Sremmurd ft. Gucci Mane

This season’s viral trend was the mannequin challenge, which was defined by this song. But soon, it became a song for every mood and setting. It could pump you up or chill you out. 

7. Love on the Brain—Rihanna

Nothing like belting this one with your roomies while your getting ready to go out on a Friday night. Or driving at night through town with the windows down. Or during a really stressful week when nothing seems to be going right. 

Born and raised in Maine. Sophomore. Marketing Communications major. Endicott College Dance Team.
Just a girl who loves bread, exercise and traveling.