Gilmore Girls walking through Fall Festival
Warner Bros. Television

6 Thanksgiving-themed Episodes You Need to Watch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

Looking to prepare for one of the best holidays of the year? Get cozy with your favorite blanket, grab some tasty snacks, and watch these Thanksgiving-themed episodes, each from a different show!

1. The Office ~ “WUPHF.com“ ~ S7:E9

Join Dwight Schrute and the rest of Dunder Mifflin’s wacky staff in this episode of The Office! Dwight attempts to right the wrongs of his childhood trauma by encouraging his coworkers to participate in his very own “hay festival” on Thanksgiving. However, his ultimate goal, that being the act of receiving the hay crown, will require him to compete against his colleagues. This episode can be streamed through the platform, Peacock.

1. Seinfeld ~ “The Mom & Pop Store” ~ S6:E8

Like any episode of Seinfeld, there is never only one thing happening at “The Mom & Pop Store.” In this special episode, the many crazy happenings are occurring on Thanksgiving, with major emphasis on the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. If you want to see one of your favorite Seinfeld characters puncture one of the giant floats featured in the parade, you’ll just have to watch this episode. This episode can be streamed through the platform, Hulu.

1. Bob’s Burgers ~ “Turkey in a Can” ~ S4:E5

Bob is preparing a Thanksgiving turkey when all of a sudden, the holiday bird finds its way to his bathroom. He interrogates the family, hoping to discover who relocated his turkey. Louise takes charge and initiates an investigation. To find the culprit, watch this episode of Bob’s Burgers. This episode can be streamed through the platform, Hulu.

1. Gilmore Girls ~ “A Deep-Fried Korean Thanksgiving” ~ S3:E9

While you’re busy binging Gilmore Girls, pay special attention to this Thanksgiving-themed episode. Watch as Rory and Lorelai agree to attend four different dinner invitations for Thanksgiving, all of which they will eat at. Melissa McCarthy’s comedic side shines in this episode, and it can be streamed through the platform, Netflix.

1. The Simpsons ~ “Bart vs. Thanksgiving” ~ S2:E7

Bart runs away from home after ruining a table centerpiece crafted by Lisa. This causes him to spend his Thanksgiving at a homeless shelter, where he learns just how much he should care for and appreciate his crazy family. Yes, The Simpsons is known for its Halloween-themed episodes, but this Thanksgiving-themed episode takes the cake. This episode can be streamed through the platform, Disney+.

1. Friends ~ “The One With All the Thanksgivings”  ~ S5:E8

This iconic episode is filled with laughs as the characters we know and love share their Thanksgiving horror stories. Viewers also see progress in the romantic aspect of Monica and Chandler’s relationship. To see one of your favorite characters wear a raw turkey as a hat, you’ll have to check this out. This episode can be streamed through the platform Peacock. 

The next time you’re searching for something effortlessly funny to watch, check out any of these 6 Thanksgiving-themed episodes!

Sophia Lonnroth

Endicott '26

Hi! I'm Sophia Lonnroth, a freshman psychology major, and I am the current Deputy Editor for HC at Endicott College! I hope you enjoy my written work!! :)