Life > Experiences

5 Ways To Celebrate Women’s History Month As a Young Adult

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

Women’s History Month begins on March 1st, 2023 and if you are interested in understanding how you can celebrate, look no further! Each Women’s History Month is assigned a particular theme, and for 2023, individuals should celebrate “women who tell our stories.” This theme, which has been selected by the National Women’s History Alliance, will properly recognize the females who have been active in all types of media and storytelling throughout history. Here are some ways that you can celebrate!

1. WATCH A DOCUMENTARY OR MOVIE HIGHLIGHTING WOMEN’S RIGHTS

There are many documentaries and films that highlight just how intelligent, inspiring, and powerful women have the potential to be. The stories that documentaries feature highlight women of different backgrounds, ethnicities, and cultures. If you have some free time, educate yourself by watching a women’s rights documentary!

1. LISTEN TO A NEW PODCAST

There are a variety of podcasts that emphasize the topics of feminism, women’s rights, and activism available on Spotify, Apple, and Amazon. Instead of listening to the playlist you’ve heard 10 times in the past week, change it up and educate yourself!

1. SPREAD AWARENESS ON SOCIAL MEDIA

If you have social media, which the majority of individuals do, you should take the time to repost any articles, infographics, inspiring quotes, and reels on your social media stories. Your reposts may just spread awareness of prevalent issues circulating around the world. 

1. WRITE POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS

Girls support girls, right? If you truly want to support the women around you, write some positive affirmations on sticky-notes or slips of paper and hand them to those you want to hype up. A little confidence-booster never hurt anybody!

1. JOIN A WOMEN’S CLUB OR ORGANIZATION

What better way to celebrate Women’s History Month than to join a club celebrating women! If you need some help figuring out which club to join, I suggest joining Her Campus (duh)! Not only does Her Campus teach women useful writing skills, but this club also emphasizes themes of empowerment and change.

Sophia Lonnroth

Endicott '26

Hi! I'm Sophia Lonnroth, a freshman psychology major, and I am the current Deputy Editor for HC at Endicott College! I hope you enjoy my written work!! :)