This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

Although many people have mixed feelings about Tinder and other dating apps, I personally find them very fun. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not going to meet up with hundred of guys that I meet off of these apps, but there’s just something about the action of swiping that I find really addicting. Although this app is mainly based on physical attractiveness, people do sometimes write small snip its about themselves in their bios. I find it fun to look through people’s profiles, because some of them are just comical. However, after looking through each one, you obviously have to make the decision, left or right? I know that everybody has their own type, but I personally think there are a few things that people  put in their profiles that should be considered red flags. Here are a few reasons why I would swipe left on a guy.

Mirror Pictures

We get it… you have abs. You look good shirtless. But why are you flexing in the mirror? I get it, sometimes when you’re feeling yourself you just have to snap a cute mirror picture. However, if that’s the picture that you’re choosing for your tinder profile, there’s a problem. I don’t want to see a picture in a dirty mirror or after you work out at the gym. I can barely see your face because you’re holding your phone in front of it. Once I see the awkward mirror pose, it’s an automatic no.

Snapchat Filter

Yes, snapchat filters are so much fun. And honestly, on a day when I’m not wearing make up, once in awhile they come in handy. However, if you think that you can’t tell there’s a filter on that picture, you are sadly mistaken my friend. It’s one thing to use one of the basic filters that makes you look a little bit more tan, but when you make yourself look like a teddy bear with glasses, you’re not fooling anyone pal.

Group Picture

Group pictures can be good, because it proves that you have friends and are liked by others. However, if you put one picture on your profile, and it’s a group picture, things can get confusing. You know what I mean…if there’s a picture of three guys and only one of them is cute, do you swipe right and risk it? Most of the time I play it safe a swipe left.

Pictures with Girls who look like an ex

Not quite sure why you’re posting pictures with other girls…isn’t tinder supposed to help you find a new one? In my opinion, I think that guys do this to prove that they’re able to get girls, in order to make them more desirable to other girls. Unfortunately, this has the opposite effect. I don’t want to see you posing with other girls.

Bad Punctuation/Spelling

The thing about having bios on your tinder profile, is that you have to find the perfect thing to say. You have to give a little info about yourself, without sounding cocky. Some people go for the more comical route and put a joke or a pick up line in there. All of these things are fine to me, but do you know what isn’t fine? Spelling and grammar errors. You’re not writing a college essay here, you should be using simple words in your bio, and if you can’t spell them, you’ve got bigger problems than trying to find a hookup on tinder.

I am a psychology major at Endicott College
Endicott College HC Campus Correspondent, double majoring in International Business and Marketing!