15 Of Taylor Swifts New Songs Ranked

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

A Ranking of the Songs on Taylor Swift’s Reputation 

Let me start off by saying that by definition I am one of Taylor Swift’s BIGGEST fans…so full disclosure, I am completely biased because I love ALL her music. Also, it was very difficult to rank these songs because I love so many of them equally, and I understand that everyone has different opinions on their favs from the album, which is great, because that means that there are many standout songs! So anyway, here is my personal ranking of the songs of Reputation

1. Don’t Blame Me

1. This is the song I didn’t know I needed. Upon my first listening of the album at 11:30pm the night it was released while my roommate was asleep, I was fist pumping and silent screaming from start to finish. Both the beat drop, and her key change on the word “daisy” made me melt. Thank you Tay.
  2. Getaway Car

1. This needs to be a single. And it needs a music video. This is PEAK Taylor Swift/Jack Antonoff song writing collaboration. It’s uplifting and heartbreaking at the same time, with an 80s backbeat and an unexpected and completely amazing key change. This song is definitely reminiscent of her old stuff, like Out of the Woods, which was in my top three from 1989. She blends this with the mature, Reputation flair.
  3. …Ready For It?

1. This was the second single released, after LWYMMD, and I fell in love immediately after listening to it. This is first on my Spotify “Getting Ready” playlist. It takes Swift’s trademark whimsical lyrics up about a hundred notches. And the rapping? It totally works. If you ever walk by my door on a Friday night around 9pm, you’ll definitely hear this song blasting from my room.
  4. Call It What You Want

1. The last single released before Reputation’s release, this song is both a bop and a ballad. It’s emotional, cute, and reminds me of a more mature version of Love Story. This is one to blast through your headphones while you’re walking to class on a cold day.
  5. Delicate

1. Track 5 of Swift’s albums usually contains the song that rips your heart out, like All Too Well and Dear John. So upon first my first listen, I was ready to have this song leave me sobbing in a puddle on the floor. But it was different. It took me a few listens to really get into it, but it perfectly encapsulates what it’s like entering a new relationship. And the line “My reputation’s never even worse so, he must like me for me” is equal parts catchy and its own dagger to the heart.
  6. So It Goes…

1. This is one of those songs that also takes a few listens to really get into. It’s forgettable at first, but as I learned the lyrics and the melody it became one of my favs. Also, the song Dress gets a lot of credit for being extremely sexy, but this underrated song in my opinion is equally if not more sexy than that one. So give it a listen. 
  7. Dress

1. With this song, Swift has entered a new era. “Only bought this dress so you can take it off,”…WHAT!? I also silent screamed during this one. Such a slinky and mature song, that was 100% necessary to the album. Tay has officially grown up everyone. Can’t wait to see this one in concert. 
  8. King of My Heart

1. This is definitely a token Taylor Swift poppy love song. It could fit in perfectly on her 1989 album, with its 80s inspired beats and synthy vocals.
  9. This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things

1. This song makes me wanna throw a huge house party like out of a teen movie. This is an ultimate revenge track on all her haters, and is such a pump up. Her cackle towards the end after saying she forgives everyone? Iconic, petty, dramatic, perfect. 
  10. I Did Something Bad

1. This is the moment early on in the album where upon my first listen I was like “Okay Tay, I see you.” It’s feisty, fiery, and electric. I picture lots of fire and red lights at the concert during this song. Also, her vocal slides are to die for.
  11. Gorgeous

1. Like King of My Heart, Gorgeous is another token bop. My least favorite of the singles she’s released so far, I just can’t get on board with the chorus. LOVE everything else about the song though, the pre-choruses literally give me life. It’s catchy, it makes me feel good, and it puts an extra pep in my step when it’s playing through my headphones. 
  12. End Game

1. A COMPLETELY different collaboration with Ed Sheehan compared to Red’s Everything Has Changed, this is the second song on the album. She’s rapping again, and honestly, it really does work. I like the blend of her, Ed, and Future, I just think the song could be like a minute shorter, I always end up skipping it after Ed’s part. Once again, the pre-chorus gets me hype.
  13. New Year’s Day

1. This song NEEDS to play at my wedding. It’s the last song on the album, and it’s just Taylor and a piano, no extra production flair. The only true slow ballad on the album, it is a perfect love song that wraps up the album in both a heartwarming, tear jerking way. 
  14. Look What You Made Me Do

1. As a full supporter of all things Taylor Swift, I was absolutely lit when she released this track, as we all waited three years for new music. But I also can’t say I didn’t sweat a little when this song was released, as it didn’t really sound like “her.” This song was purely for PR, and to get people talking. It was a way to get the name Taylor Swift back in everyone’s mouth, and it was a brilliant way to do it. It’s a great gym pump up song to push through those last five minutes of cardio, but I’m glad that the rest of the album doesn’t strictly follow the same pattern that this song does.
  15. Dancing With Our Hands Tied

1. A few days ago I was reading various reviews on Reputation, and one publisher ranked this song as number one, which goes to show how every song reaches people in different ways. Although this is a catchy, 80s inspired bop, personally for me it’s the one I skip the most when I listen through the album, and is a little forgettable. 
Born and raised in Maine. Sophomore. Marketing Communications major. Endicott College Dance Team.
Eva Graef

Endicott