Style

10 Throwback Fashion Trends That Are Making A Comeback

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

By: Taylor Wildrick

It’s 2018, but in the fashion world there are certain trends that make it feel like we’re back in the 90’s.

From fanny packs (excuse me, belt bags) to chunky “Dad” sneakers, here are the top 10 throwback trends that are making a comeback, especially among our favorite celebrities.

1. Tube Tops

Let’s be real, tube tops are the new crop tops. Although this particular trend seems to leave out some of my fellow big-busted ladies, I can admire how cute it looks on everyone else (and on Kylie, of course).

2. Square-Toed Shoes

Who would have thought these bad boys would get the reboot treatment? Can’t say I’m mad about these adorable gingham mary janes, though.

3. Signature Logo Prints

All true fashionistas rocked some Dooney & Bourke and Louis Vuitton in the mid-2000’s, but wearing signature logos from head-to-toe is a true commitment, and it’s just the right amount of extra for 2018. And who better to model the most extra trend than Kim K herself?

4. Fanny Packs

I’m a little disappointed that someone slapped the label “belt bag” on this gem and decided to bring it back. Can’t say I’ll be hopping on this one, but hey – it looks great on Kendall.

5. Mom Jeans

You can’t go wrong with a good pair of mom jeans. I mean, YASS. Plus they’re super comfortable so you can slay all day. Gigi Hadid is the MOM JEAN QUEEN!

6. Denim Skirts

I am in full support of this trend. It’s so classic and fun, and there’s something nice about wearing one that just reminds me of 2007. Whether you’re headed out for a night on the town, or just headed to class denim skirts are always a go to!

7. Chokers

Love ‘em or hate ‘em, they’re here to stay. Of course Rihanna is killin’ it as always and rocking the layered necklace trend, yet another of my favorite throwbacks.

8. Printed Separates

T-Swift is the queen of this trend, let’s be real. Love her or hate her, she can rock some coordinated separates. And don’t they just remind you of, like, high fashion pajamas?

9. Neon

It may hurt your eyes, but fashion is pain. Okay Kylie, we get it, you can pull off literally anything.

10. Chunky Sneakers

Anyone who can rock this is to be respected and feared. Yet another reason why Millie Bobby Brown is cooler than me.

Taylor Wildrick

Endicott '20

Taylor Wildrick is a Marketing Communications major at Endicott College in Beverly, Ma. She loves teaching herself new hobbies that she'll probably never get around to finishing and reading marketing textbooks. She also loves all things fashion, beauty, and pop culture.
Eva Graef

Endicott