Style > Decor

5 DIY Halloween Decorations You Need To Make This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

Halloween has always been my favorite holiday and I have always gone ‘all out’ with decorating. This year is different however because I am absolutely broke. So here are some 5 ‘do it yourself’ Halloween decorations that you can do on a budget. 

Yarn Pumpkins

8ndytWV4iR tlFHSN4Rx1IRm7g6BKfWjWi2rq808DCyZRA5TqKlupJ Lc8ODz38JX5oEmWe15kwJaF 4dMMtxqL9iohMK9c mQ1vGtlO f6161p6m7WdT883t0dmMSrmbPhwbJdP=s0

MATERIALS:

-styrofoam ball

-a ball of yarn (any color you want)

-scissors 

-a knife

-hot glue gun

-wine cork or stick

Steps:

• Cut the styrofoam ball in half with a knife (this will provide the base for two pumpkins.)
  • Then cut the yarn into strips that are long enough to reach from the middle of the bottom of the pumpkin to the middle of the top. Cut enough strips to cover the entire pumpkin. 
  • Take the hot glue gun and glue the strings of yarn all around the outside of the pumpkin.
  • Take a wine cork or cut up stick and tape it to the top of the pumpkin. 

Halloween Wreaths:

ypZuA892zbBA10GWA04cCWbyjidqNGQg 1s7xJHt 051L37pm7cG xe8Cvy4Q1DE4svC hBcF w8FVzJFydJJ6izCjdCY0rgjslpoZb00o7eS 6kCqey1pPJA02A9V3vc0CXOnov=s0

MATERIALS:

-a styrofoam wreath base

-a feather boa

-ping pong balls

-googly eyes

-hot glue gun

Steps:

• Take the feather boa and wrap it around the styrofoam circle. 
  • Hot glue the ends of the boa to the wreath base so it is securely attached.
  • Take the ping pong balls and glue one googly eye on it.
  • Then glue the finished ping pong ball onto the wreath

Tissue Ghosts:

lWl9C vRQE3MHPkPuB1eTHprCmDJuQShWE k35 xmWHbwm2wSZQ3GmZgcRcn9qma4F eHG0EKochimIWGEYTPyUqNddYO2IEDVV2zuyhQgdM2d 2MN

MATERIALS:

-string

-scissors

-tissues

-ping pong balls

Steps:

• Take a tissue and wrap it around a ping pong ball.
  • Cut a small piece string about 4 inches long
  • Then take the string and wrap it around the bottom of the tissue and ping pong ball so it makes a head. Trim off excess string
  • Take the sharpie and draw a face on the head of the ghost.

Paper Bats:

R2N6LKF 4rQEPhawzUTC8aMGkL7kkXAOpODefjHwkmFCFeqR9ZU4YZ KZ GKw1PV4r26g1mvO9BYy5zOneeIfbasVmyaDP1jzIRSutoiV6iQq5R9vgHh8WAVhl7mJjLVwaoZ2kbH=s0

MATERIALS:

-bat stencil

-black construction paper

-scissors

-tape

-pencil

Steps:

• Take the stencil and paper and trace as many bats as you can fit onto a piece of construction paper.
  • Take the scissors and cut out the bats.
  • Then take the tape and stick all of the bats onto the wall to create a cute halloween backdrop. 

Milk Jug Ghosts:

jh 7xG44vgZMsGT2AvreNR8uh3rB63rX3dBEoo0hBhYvGrlQgqN8gofSw Nc8ZkrnvZfBhXDaebavDAO lo7AZN5EqRkX4Vt1REr0PvXU 9XtDq8J pshnN1Of Etgad4k o0tzH=s0

MATERIALS:

-gallon-sized milk jug (empty)

-sharpie

-string lights

Steps:

• Take an empty milk gallon and draw a face on it using the sharpie.
  • Then put the working string lights into the finished milk gallon.
Emily Crain

Endicott '24

English Secondary Education Major Gender Studies Minor