This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Spring has sprung, and it hit Emory students hard! Students have been spotted reading on the grass at the quad, tanning on McDonough in bikinis, and strutting their new summer wardrobes at Wonderful Wednesdays. Wherever you look around campus, you are immediately put in a better mood when you notice how everyone’s mood has been uplifted by the noticeable change in the weather.

I know I’m not only speaking for myself when I say this: most girls put more effort into their looks when the sun comes out. When the sun comes out, my slouchy sweatpants, my UGG slippers, and my month-old chipped nail polish come out of the darkness and back in my attention. I made the pledge to myself put more effort and thought into my look while incorporating new trends. One of the best ways to look put together, professional, trendy, and fun is to style the latest nail colors! Although nail polish is merely a minor detail contributing to your outward appearance, it can completely change the vibe you give off and your confidence. If you’re going through the same seasonal makeover that I am, here are some of the trendiest nail colors to wear this spring:

1.) Mint

Mint has been a trendy color in clothing for a while now. It’s about time this color became popular for nail polish! The color is very fresh, yet worn-out looking at the same time (in a good way). It fits perfectly with the springtime theme! (Try Essie’s Mint Candy Apple or Fashion Playground)

2.) Tiffany Blue 

Mimicking the high-end jewelry company’s signature color, this blue is a new take on your typical turquoise. Feminine and elegant while also being sporty and fun, this color can take your spring by storm! (Try Essie’s Where’s My Chauffeur) 

3.) Salmon Pink/ Coral 

This color is great because it adds an element of edge and masculinity to the overdone, but classic, pink nails. The color may even immediately strike you as “Frat Boy’s Shorts Salmon,” which I was tempted to name this. (Try Essie’s Carousel Coral or Sunday Funday)

4.) Powder Blue

This blue is so light that it is nearing white; it almost looks angelic and precious. The washed-out look evokes a sense of a vintage but classic style. It’s light, pastel look makes it a perfect fit for springtime nail trends! (Try Essie’s Find Me An Oasis and Borrowed & Blue)

5.) Lavender 

Another light and faded color, except now in purple, lavender incorporates the same elements as the pastel blue that make it a great pick for spring nails! This color is great because it is girly and flirty! (Try Essie’s Using My Maiden Name, Full Steam Ahead, Bond With Whomever, or Lilacism)

6.) Lime Green 

Lime Green is a fresh and fun color for the spring. Even though it’s not your first thought for a nail polish color, lime green is having a comeback for spring 2014! The darker greens are great for a mature look while the lighter greens accomplish a more youthful, neon look. (Try Essie’s The More The Merrier and Vices Versa)

7.) Peach

Orange is typically a strong color that makes a bold statement. However, the subtlety this peach polish brings to orange lightens it up and gives it a more feminine and fun attitude! It’s perfect for spring with it’s fresh and fruity undertones! (Try Essie’s Resort Fling and Tart Deco) 

8.) White 

This past month’s recent trends, especially at New York Fashion Week, have been featuring a lot “white hot” styles. Unlike all the other colors mentioned, white can be a glamorous yet versatile, as it will match with any outfit you choose. (Try Essie’s Blanc, Waltz, and Show Me The Rings)

9.) Almost White

Everyone knows that light pink is the most standard, but the “almost white” pinks make more of a statement. These pinks are so light, that they can even make your skin look tanner. Since all Emory students haven’t gotten the chance to get a tan yet, using a nearly white-pink can help as we show more skin in our outfit choices as our campus warms up. Since I am extremely pale and pasty, I pick Essie’s color Fiji, whenever I’m in doubt because it also makes me look slightly darker. (Try Essie’s Fiji, Romper Room, Angel Food or East Hampton Cottage)

10.) Sparkled nails are a brand new trend hitting salons everywhere! Every major nail polish line, including O.P.I and Essie amongst others, has released new sparkled polishes for this spring! So many celebrities have been styling this glamorous look, including Beyoncé, Mariah Carey, Katy Perry, Selena Gomez and Paris Hilton. With glittered nails you can stand out and feel like a princess! (Try Essie’s Peak of Chic or Hors D’oeuvres)

Student Spotlight: Emory freshman, Morgan Gruber, does amazing manicures and specializes in glittered gel manicures! Her manicures have gotten so many compliments, that she decided to start her own small-scale Emory business! If you need your nails done for formal, go get your manicures from Morgan for $15 (an amazing price for such a fun gel mani)! 

If you want to see some examples of manicures she’s done, follow her on Instagram, @nailsbymorgang.

This season’s hottest polishes are all about keeping your style fresh, fun, interesting, and unique! Pick whichever polish fits your style this spring and it’ll give you a new, confident attitude! You can even use them to complete your formal look as the ultimate fashion accessory and show them off to your sisters! Get nailed this spring!

Her Campus at Emory University