burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Ultimate Spring Break 2016 Packing List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

If I had to choose two words that I could use to describe the ideal look for Spring Break 2016, I would use ‘bold’ and ‘colorful.’ As we spend the next few weeks draping ourselves in heavy sweaters and wearing dark colors to attract as much heat as we can, we can also look forward to sporting fun, flirty, and vibrant ensembles this upcoming holiday. Students: be ready to ditch your go to pair of jeans and favorite t-shirts, as spring break is about making a bigger statement. From the entire outfit, to the smallest details, let’s dissect some of the hottest trends to look forward to sporting this break!

Let’s start at the bottom and my personal favorite aspect of an outfit: footwear. Whether you’re going out at night or strolling alongside a beach during the day, spring break footwear yearns for more comfortable choices. Beauty does not always have to be painful; pack your favorite pair of beige haywire wedges and delicate sandals. I always suggest going for more neutral colors that will easily blend in and match with everything.

Moving on: although we thought they were long gone, denim mini skirts are slowly creeping back into style and are surely predicted to be a hot trend for this spring. A classic light wash, slightly distressed version is my personal favorite and a general staple. Further, I have recently been interested in trying out more unconventional twists on this simple design, that include darker denim with twists of fun neutral colors like olive green. Regardless, the denim mini skirt must surely make its way to your shopping list.

When it comes to what to wear on top, my favorite go-to choices are simple, plain, but colorful sleeveless mockneck crop tops. Subtle yet sexy, they can be paired with almost anything—jeans, a skirt, short,s or even bathing suit bottoms. Whether you try a cool neon yellow or a more simple pastel blue, bold and colorful sleeveless mockneck crop tops exist for everyone.

Probably the most important thing to remember is the bathing suit. This spring break calls for vibrant, crazy colored bathing suits with hints of subtle patterns. Whether you choose a bikini, tankini, or monokini, choose to go for bright colors that have patterns to give your bathing suit that extra punch.

Lastly ladies, do not forget to cash into the everlasting statement jewelry trend. To give your outfit an extra kick, throw on a piece of jewelry. Whether you choose a simple and cost-effective plastic necklace, pearls, or simple chains and bangles, these pieces will take your outfit to the next level.

Be bold, beautiful, creative, confident, and fun and have a great spring break!