‘Tis the Season: How to Choose Your Perfect Party Dress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

December has finally arrived and with it comes snowmen, candy canes, and most importantly—holiday parties! Every year all Collegiettes™ will undoubtedly attend countless holiday get-togethers, making it completely necessary to stock up on the cutest cocktail dresses. Because a fashionista never likes to repeat an outfit, it’s important to know how to switch up your look and keep your friends wondering which cute dress you will throw on next!

Sequins

Wearing some sparkle during the holiday season is always a good idea.  A little glitter lets you make a statement in a fun and flirty way.

Find this dress at Forever21, $24.80

One Shoulder

An asymmetrical dress makes for an edgy, fashion forward holiday look. Pair it with a side swept ponytail or bun to top off your put-together party style.

Find this dress in five different colors at Nordstrom for $48

The LBD

When in doubt, a little black dress will never disappoint. Match it with some sparkling jewelry and a pair of fun heels to complete the look, making your LBD something special and personal.

Find this LBD at Bloomingdale’s for $108

Bold Color

To really make a statement in a crowded room, choose a bright jewel-tone dress in your favorite shade. Regardless of the fit or cut, a beautiful color is sure to put you in the holiday mood.

Find this bright piece at Macy’s for just $22.99

Long Sleeves

Does the cold weather have you shivering? Slip into something long-sleeved for a cute combo of comfort and style. Sleeves give the perfect balance to a super short mini, keeping you classy and sophisticated.

This black chifon dress can be found online at LuLu’s for $48

Backless

Pay your respects to old Hollywood glamour with a backless cocktail dress. Sweep your hair to the front and keep your accessories simple to draw attention to your statement-making dress.

This backless dress can also be foun online at LuLu’s for $48

Have a great holiday season!