Sneaky Ways to Watch Netflix Without Wasting Time

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

As college students, we all know the upmost importance of Netflix. Unfortunately, we also know the dread that comes along with having too much homework and not enough time to keep up with our favorite shows. So you don’t have to deprive yourself or sacrifice your much needed study time, here are some of my favorite ways to sneak in some Netflix during the week:

1. Stream while you clean.

Whether you live in a dorm or an apartment, we all have to clean our rooms. Hopefully, you’re vacuuming every so often and at least wiping down your sink with a Clorox wipe occasionally. Why not put on The Office while you’re tidying up? 

2. Take a load off while you do a load of laundry. 

If you’re like me and need to do laundry every five days, consider using the wait to watch something with a little more substance. Sit down, enjoy the time, and focus a little more on the show. 

3. Cook, eat, and Netflix can be your treat. 

Set up your laptop on a table while cooking or eating your gourmet meal (or ramen). 

4. Try a split screen.

If you have enough self control to not get distracted, or you’re doing something that doesn’t require too much focus, setting up a split screen may be a great two-for-one deal. 

5. Add a little relaxation time to your schedule. 

If you pencil Netflix into your schedule, right between your bio reading and anthropology essay, then you technically are not wasting any time because you planned ahead. Right???

Netflix is a perfect way to catch a break when you’re about ready to have your mid-week mental breakdown. Try some of these tips the next time you’re freaking out over your homework, but desperately need your Netflix fix.

Karina is a senior majoring in Anthropology and Human Biology at Emory University, currenlty contemplating what to do with her life post-graduation. In her free time she enjoys spending too much time on instagram and pinterest, traveling, eating too much food, watching Indie movies on Netflix, and going to concerts of her favortite punk rock bands. Most likely doing all of this with a cup of coffee in her hand. 
Her Campus at Emory University