Rain Boot Fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Weather in Atlanta is often unpredictable. It doesn’t rain for weeks, and then suddenly campus falls victim to an apocalyptic downpour that makes Asbury Circle seem like Noah’s Ark.

If you’re from the West Coast, you probably didn’t have a need for rain boots prior to school, and if you hail from the East Coast, you probably already own a pair of Hunter boots.

There’s no denying the popularity of Hunter boots. They’re great; they keep your feet dry and come in a variety of solid colors. However, there are many other rubbery-footed options available for shoppers. Designers are producing many new styles of rain boots this season, modeled to look almost indistinguishable from everyday boots. Here are some stylish rain boot alternatives:

Motorcycle rain boots, for the biker-caught-in-rain look:
• Stormette Motorcycle Rain Boot by KORS Michael Kors

See-through rain boots, for those naughty gals:
• Fessura Rain Boot

Heeled & wedge rain boots, for when you want to dress up a dreary rainy day outfit:
• Sorel Medina Rain Heel
• Valentino Bow Rubber Wedge Rain Boots

Rain booties, perfect for light rain or warm weather:
• Loeffler Randall Rain Bootie
• Rain it in Boot by Keds

Cowboy rain boots, for attracting those southern Emory boys:
• Odette Rubber Rain Boot by Ralph Lauren
• Nomad Rodeo Western Rain Boot

Fur (or faux) lined rain boots, if you like to pet and pamper your feet:
• Isle Jacobsen-Hornbaek Frost-02 Boot
• Sweaterfold Rain Boot from Anthropologie

Stay dry, stay stylish.

Jessica lives her life at several speeds. She talks too fast, eats too slow and over-analyzes too much.  When she’s not telling long-winded stories, sitting alone at the dinner table, or staring off into space, Jessica loves all things creative. Screenwriter, play director and poet at age 9, songwriter and choreographer at age 16, now, at 23, all she really wants to do is write, help others, and post Instagrams.  As a social media coordinator for multiple fashion brands, and a post-grad writer for Her Campus, she gets to do just that. Jessica is a Midwestern girl from the suburbs of Chicago, but she fell in love with city living during a summer internship in the Big Apple, and now calls NYC home. Jessica loves chocolate milkshakes, dance parties, Chippewa Ranch Camp, Friends re-runs, Chuck Bass and of course, spending time with her fans (read: family and friends).