This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

With the semester nearing its end, there is so much going on and so many different things to worry about. How am I going to finish this essay on time? What grade do I need to get on the final to do well in this class?

1. Make a list

Lists are a great way to get organized. Write down everything that you have due, be it a day ahead or for the rest of the semester (I prefer to utilize both) and cross it off as you finish it! Not only will this help keep you on top of your assignments, but it’s such a satisfying feeling when you mark something off of a to-do list.

2. Don’t push things off until later

If you have a 5-page essay due tomorrow but you have an easier assignment that isn’t due for another week, get that shit done and finish your impending assignment first. Yes, you’re still finishing an assignment but you’re going to end up way more stressed out about the bigger one in the long run.

3. Set goals

By setting goals it makes it easier to get through your assignments, but only if you make them realistic. Give yourself an hour to finish your biology homework and then take a five-minute phone break to help give you some motivation.

4. Cut out wastes of time

I say this as I currently watch Netflix, but there are so many distractions that are leading to procrastination and only paying half attention to what you are doing. So, put your phone on “Do not disturb” and shut off the Netflix.

5. Make sure to include de-stressors

Go to the gym, watch ONE episode of Netflix (and I don’t mean one episode of Sherlock), eat some chocolate. You do need to treat yourself, it is finals season after all.

Try not to stress over finals, and use these tips to keep on top of your work so there isn’t as much to worry about!

Karina is a senior majoring in Anthropology and Human Biology at Emory University, currenlty contemplating what to do with her life post-graduation. In her free time she enjoys spending too much time on instagram and pinterest, traveling, eating too much food, watching Indie movies on Netflix, and going to concerts of her favortite punk rock bands. Most likely doing all of this with a cup of coffee in her hand. 
Hong Kong born and raised, Manishka is widely known for two things – her clumsiness and her ability to spend hours laughing at her own jokes! When she’s not busy trying to find out how she got her latest bruise, she can usually be found eating an avocado, while re-watching Gossip Girl for the 6th…no… 7th time! Her hobbies include raiding the fridge, stalking Doug the Pug on Instagram and trying to find out the secret ingredient in Krabby Patties.